3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2016 4:26 AM by pfroelicher

** NEW ** - Updated FREE Virtual Host for FMS13 guide and tool

lavendt

We have released version 2 of our Virtual Host Guide and tool, which supports FileMaker Server 13.0v5 and Yosemite, as well as the Mavericks and Mountain Lion, which is the supported versions by FMI.

News in this version:

The new guide will work with FileMaker Server 13.0v5 and Yosemite, as well as other supported versions. There are several new tips and tricks included in the “goodies” section.

The new tool is now completely unlocked and does not use plugin anymore.

Also new in this version is support for SSL.

You can read more and download from here:

http://www.datamanix.com/news/files/FMS-virtualhost-guide-tool-v2.html

Feedback is very appreciated.

• 1. Re: ** NEW ** - Updated FREE Virtual Host for FMS13 guide and tool
          pfroelicher

Claus,

I had this setup running fine with three virtual hosts on OS10.10.3. Now I updated to 10.10.4 and upgraded the fms to 14.2 and it will not find the virtual host. It always falls unto the Filemaker Database Server Website's default page.

Do you have any idea how to troubleshoot this or a an outright fix?

Thanks Pierre

• 2. Re: ** NEW ** - Updated FREE Virtual Host for FMS13 guide and tool
            lavendt

Hi Pierre

My apologies for not seeing this post until this late....

No, FMS 14 has some changes, that require you to do something different, when using virtual host. It has taken me a long time to find the culprit, but I am in the process of updating the virtual host guide and tool, as well as creating a video about this topic.

It will be posted on www.thebrainbasket.com as well as social media.

Thanks for your patience

• 3. Re: ** NEW ** - Updated FREE Virtual Host for FMS13 guide and tool
              pfroelicher

Claus,

thanks for your reply.

I lost so much time on this (trying to run fms and OSX server app on one machine) and finally stumbled over "reverse proxy" and webapps, as explained on precursor.ca ' s site.

THis has ( with some hickups) resolved my questions and seems to me is the approriate solution for having http using applications run alongside Server.app on a mac. It seems to me that virtual host is inferior to webapps in configuration options....but then... I am really and apprentice still...Zauberlehrling...how Goethe would have said.....und die Geister die ich rief...wer'd ich nun nicht los.... just kiddin.

yours Pierre