AnsweredAssumed Answered

File Maker Pro Communication Error

Question asked by triatinbecker on Jan 7, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 8, 2015 by triatinbecker

I have a client who uses FileMaker Pro, they have a server hosted offsite that they connection that is managed by a third party. I have had this error message "Communication with the host was inturupted and could not be re-established. All affected windows will be closed." coming up for the last 2 months since having a new 8 wire Ethernet connection installed. There are no issues when connecting this server from another external source and I have run multiple internet connection tests including a full day of wireshark monitoring the in and outbound traffic from the Mac related to this problem. The connection is being made and is held stably but for some reason FileMaker does not allow the connection to continue on.

I have found a few articles on here that have said it is an unknown hardware problem and that there is no solution for it, FileMaker is the only program I am having these troubles with and there are no other issues within the organization. It is driving me insane as I have spent the better part of 2 months trying to find out how to solve this problem, with me starting at basic network issues and now resorting the the forums.

Thanks In Advance for your help

Outcomes