1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 11, 2015 5:51 PM by Mike Duncan

Use a calculation stored in a text field

curlerv

I have three tables:

1) Presets (this holds values that apply to all objects - IDX - A1/A2/A3/A4 - B1/B2/B3/B4 - C1/C2/C3/C4 - D1/D2/D3/D4)

2) Object Presets (this holds values that apply to select objects IDY - E1/E2/E3/E4 - F1/F2/F3/4 - G1/G2/G3/G4 - H1/H2/H3/H4)

3) Object size (this holds the size of the object IDZ - J1 - K1)

The 4th table uses amounts from each table to calculate a total.

I have all this working and calculating properly.  The problem is that I have 600 different configurations to calculate and at this time I have them in the 4th table as individual calc fields.  Then I have compounded If statements to find the correct calculation to use.  These calculation are used for a pricing matrix.

What I want to do is set up a table to hold the calculations in a field as text and pulled into a calculation field in the 5th table.

I want to create a 5th table that consist of a unique id (calculated with the ids of the previous 3 tables) and a field that would hold a calculation. By creating a matching ID (by the user selecting options from table 1, table 2 and table 3) that would be linked in a relationship to copy the calculation required and "update" the calc field with the correct calculation.  The calculations are used over and over so...

So my question is...  Can you change the calc field calculation via a script or can you use a text field as a calculator?