8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2015 1:39 AM by CICT

How do I install a Security Certificate for IWP on a 2 Machine, FileMaker Server 12 Mac OS Mavericks System

AlanStirling

I am about to upgrade a comprehensive IWP system, currently running on FileMaker Server 10.0v2 across a 3 machine setup (running Mac OS 10.6.2 Servers) with a peak of about 100 users. It uses an SSL certificate on the web server machine to protect the traffic between Web Server and the clients' web browsers.

I now need to upgrade this system and install it on a pair of Mac Pros (2012) running Mavericks. I am unable to find any guidance which confirms the correct method that should be used to install the security certificate on the Web Server machine, (which is not running Mac OS Server). I have read through all the FMS 12 Help files and the FM Knowledge base, but these don't provide guidance for a two machine setup and tend to discuss just FileMaker Server to FileMaker Client security. I don't see that the FileMaker 'Certificate' command line function has any relevance here.

In a two machine setup, I'm assuming that the SSL Security certificate has to be installed on the Worker (Web Server) machine, but as this is only an OS X client without the certificate handling features of Server, then the certificate will have to be installed manually using a combination of Terminal commands and configuration file modifications.

If anyone has some practical experience relating to this, I would be very pleased to hear from them.

Thanks - Alan