AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hiccup while Extending "Invoices" Starter Solution

Question asked by openspace on Jan 23, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 23, 2015 by mtwalker

Hello, I'm new to filemaker and this forum, so please bear with me as I try to explain my issue.

I have taken the "invoices" starter solution and extended it to handle donations made by customers.

Donations Table: one person can make many donations, one donation can have many owners

Therefore, I have three tables:

Customers Table ----< CustomersDonations Table >----- Donations Table

To add a donation I've created a portal in the customer details layout that views the CustomersDonations Table. When you add a line to the portal, it creates a new donation in the Donations Table. This is working perfectly. My issue arose when I tried to calculate the fiscal year within the donations table for a donation made by a customer.

I noticed that:

When a customer created a donation and created an invoice=the fiscal year was correct

When a customer created a donation, but did not create an invoice=the fiscal year was incorrect

I realize that the creator of this starter solution has triggered something to occur when an invoice is created, but I don't understand what I'm missing. I've also tried creating a field that calculates the fiscal year in the donation table. And again, when a customer has a donation and invoice the fiscal year appears and when the customer has a donation but no invoice the fiscal year fields are blank.

My question is, why are the fields in the donations table appearing blank or incorrect when a customer doesn't have an invoice?

Attachments

Outcomes