AnsweredAssumed Answered

sendmail - outlook - weird behavior

Question asked by Operadad on Feb 2, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2015 by mtwalker

Client is in the process of moving from Mac to PC. Their FM solution is in 13, but is merely a migrated design, and structure from circa FM7. Which shouldn't matter because the challenge is with a simple SendMail command. But as we know, Outlook and FileMaker have a tendency to not want to play together. In the past we had some problems with our clients FM solution working with Outlook on the Mac--but it was working. Now, the client is switching to PC, and it's not working.

When using the SendMail command: SUBJECT, and BODY Text get moved to a new email message in Outlook just fine, but not TO: or CC. I attempted to replicate the problem on my PC (actual PC, not virtual) running windows 7 (they may be on 8) and Office 365. I do not have the problem, but I am hooking up to a gmail NOT Exchange. But...

If the Body and Text get put in an email, then why not the addresses? Perhaps there is some security setting that won't allow it, or perhaps there is some other setting. It's certainly not the 32 vs 64 bit problem (been there done that).

I understand that there may be thread here that explains this problem exactly, if there is, please point me to it, so far I'm only finding other problems that I've had before. I don't even mind if they need to use a plugin, but they shouldn't.

Outcomes