Hmm... that is weird.
Some questions to maybe help isolate the problem:
1) What OS is the MBP using?
2) Does this problem effect all hosted files at the same time, the same file every time, or random hosted files?
3) When the files are found later to have opened themselves, what does the log say about this?
1. Yosemite 10.10.1
2. Yes, affects all hosted files at once.
3. Good point. This is what I found. A log message from right before I had the issue show up again.
This is error 508
Another copy of FileMaker Server (Darren Burgess’s MacBook Pro ) is already running with this license. This copy of FileMaker Server will not open any databases, but will allow updating the license key in the Admin Console.
So it appears the machine is opening up with an IP from DHCP, rather than my intended fixed IP.
How then, do I release the 192.168.1.28 IP. The machine is connected via ethernet and wifi is disabled. I am going to try a full power down, rather than a restart.
Yeah, that 821 error looks like a FileMaker Pro error, not a server event log ID. Which log is it showing up on Darren?
You're not alone. There's a thread on the FMDiSC member forum where someone else is experiencing this too. Wim referenced this kp article...
...but that didn't help much for that thread's OP.
Relevant error is 508
Another copy of FileMaker Server (Darren Burgess’s MacBook Pro 127.0.0.1 ) is already running with this license. This copy of FileMaker Server will not open any databases, but will allow updating the license key in the Admin Console.
per previous post:
So it appears the machine may have opened up with an IP from DHCP, rather than my intended fixed IP. This may have been on wifi. I have disabled wifi. I am on ethernet.
How then, do I release the 192.168.1.28 IP from FMS. I tried a full power down, but the issue persists.
Thank you Patrick! That resolved, after FMS restart.
FMS name and Computer name must match in yosemite, apparently.
I usually set up a reserved address on the DHCP server. This requires the hardware address (MAC address ) of the computer and setting it to the desired IP address. Then on the computer you can go in and release and renew the IP address. This should give it the desired address.
One thing you can try if this doesn't resolve, is to uninstall and then re-install FMS. If you do this, move the served databases and then have FileMaker Pro or advanced up load them after the install.
I had issues with a server install that found the files from a previous install. The appeared to be shared, ran into permissions issues. Moving them and having them uploaded by FileMaker Pro resolved this issue.
It had me bamboozled for a while as the names were identical. However, FMS had appended .local to the name, which does also show in the computer filename and this seems to be the cause of the issue. I have removed it and restarted and all is OK ... for now!
Thanks Patrick, this issue had been driving us nuts for months...it was happening every time we rebooted our server.