1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 3, 2015 4:27 PM by wimdecorte

Portal Filtering to display all transactions since last zero balance

user19174

I have a portal that shows all invoices activity for a specific customer.  Within that portal I have a summary field that gives a running balance for their account.  Is there any way to filter out all of the invoices that were before the most recent zero balance on their account?  I feel like I should be able to filter by any invoiceID>Nthrecord (where Nth record is the invoiceID of their last zero balance).

I hope that makes sense.  Thanks in advance.

JJ

• 1. Re: Portal Filtering to display all transactions since last zero balance
          wimdecorte

Oy, performance hog alert!

Portal filtering can be expensive because all the data has to be sent to the client to decide whether or not to show it in the portal.   Adding a summary field to the mix is just asking for performance issues.

The summary field can easily be avoided by calculating and setting the running balance when a new invoice / payment is added.  That avoids having to recalculate that balance over and over again.

To avoid the portal, can you re-work the UI so that you can show the data in a list instead of a portal?  That way you can do a straightforward find.