3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2015 8:02 AM by csavva

Web Direct and container fields

csavva

Hi all,

I have the following head banger:

2-file solution (one for data and one for main interface)

hosted on FMS 13 with Web Direct and running on Windows Server 2012 R2 open ports 80, 443, 16000, 5003, 16001

I also enabled "requires secure connection" and "enable progressive downloading".

On the data file I have a container field with Secure External storage and on the layout in the interface file I have it as an interactive container field.

I am running an iMac with Maverics and a Macbook Pro with Yosemite. Everything is updated to the latest software.

Now the head banger is, on FM Pro everything is just fine super with the container showing a PDF file (around 300KB). On Chrome using either Mac, I get the insecure connection stuff and the link instead of actual PDF. This link doesn't work because it directs to a wrong IP (as domain) but when I change it to the original one manually the PDF pops up. Say that my Web direct solution is at XX.XX.XX/fmi/webd/ the file link goes to http://YY.YY.YY.YY/Streaming/MainDB/zzzzz.pdf, when altered to http://XX.XX.XX/Streaming/MainDB/zzzzz.pdf it is ok.

On Safari this is entirely a no-go. I get the grey screen of pdf death here.

Export field contents works just fine on either Chrome or Safari.

Help please !!

Christos

• 1. Re: Web Direct and container fields
          csavva

Anyone? No one at all?

• 2. Re: Web Direct and container fields

I am experiencing the same issue and could not find a solution until now.

I've decided to give up on WebDirect, it is extremely slow on internet, keep freshing on certain machines and the container field is simply not working.

I will switch my solution back to supercontainer and PHP.

• 3. Re: Web Direct and container fields
              csavva

Hi,

glad at least someone reported the same issue as myself. I kept reading in FM documentation that containers work fine with WebDirect but this is certainly not the case!

I did however found a very simple solution. Since the client only wanted to show PDFs, I used instead a web viewer by adding the following code:

"data:application/pdf;base64," & Base64Encode ( [your container field])

You should however check that the file is a PDF first.

I do concur to your conclusion that WebDirect is still rubbish and I was really hoping for FM to fix more stuff and even add a few new features as many people think they just launched it pre-maturely. Instead they make take Apple approach of putting much needed features in the newer version !!

Christos