AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using FileMaker as a linked server in SQL Server 2008 R2

Question asked by Jason_Farnsworth on Feb 5, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 9, 2015 by Jason_Farnsworth

In order to use FileMaker data within an ArcGIS web service, I am attempting to use SQL to copy the data from a FileMaker table into a SQL Server table. I have created the connection to the FileMaker Server via a linked server in SQL Server Management Studio. While experimenting with using Transact-SQL OPENQUERY to retrieve data from the FileMaker table I encountered some issues:

• When trying to write to the FileMaker table, I receive an error stating that I do not have proper authentication to the FileMaker server, despite the fact that I established the connection and am performing all queries with a full-access FileMaker user profile.
  • When trying to copy data from a FileMaker table, I receive an error stating that the table either has no data in the column specified or that I do not have proper authentication. The table does have data in the column specified and I am using proper authentication.
  • It should be noted that I am able to retrieve all of the fields in an empty table using the * wildcard. However, when trying to use the * wildcard on a full table, I receive the same “column may be empty or improper authentication” error.

Are these issues a bug or is there something I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks in advance,

Jason Farnsworth

Midland, TX

Outcomes