1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2015 2:24 AM by alberto__1985

Reasons why relationship is not working.

alberto__1985

My name is Alberto and I'm new to the forums so excuse me if I miss important information on my question.  I will try to be as accurate as possible.  Ok here it goes I have two tables joined via a relationship.  Table A (Records) and Table B (Forms).  The relationship is setup via a global field in Table A (t.record.id) = field in Table B (t.form.name).  I have a button that performs a script that sets Field (t.record.id) in Table A (Records) to the form name I want related info from.  Then the script goes to a layout based on Table A (Records).  At this point is where I can't figure out why if I place a field in the layout for t.record.id I get the value set by the script but when I place a field for t.form.name the field is blank along with any other fields from Table B.  I have checked the data on Table B and there is a value on t.form.name = to the value being set by the script on t.record.id just unsure why the relationship is not happening. Also t.form.name is a calculated text field from 3 other text fields in Table B (Records) indexed minimal (as necessary) and as mentioned before t.record.id is a global text field being set by the script.  Any ideas on what might be happening or where am I wrong or any steps that can be  taken to troubleshoot the issue?

1 2 Previous Next