13 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2015 12:24 PM by Jesse_Wright

Bizarre isolated issues on a Client install of FMPro13

Jesse_Wright

Hi all,

I have a few isolated issues happening on a single install of FM13 that I can't resolve. I've tried a number of things and scoured the internet and haven't really come up with anything, so I am at a bit of a loss for ideas. To give you some quick background info: I'm an in-house developer and just deployed a new FM13 solution to a group of 15 employees. I have left the company as a whole on FM12 while I am developing.  I deployed last week and brought the sales team up to FM13 first. Since the release of FM13 I have been developing with FMProAdv13 on my Mac and PC as well as FMPro13 on a second PC as my test environment. My point is that for over a year I have used these computers to connect to both FM12 and FM13 servers without issue. Across the company we have a mixed OS environment of Windows 7 and 8. Of the 15 users I moved up to FM13, I've had no issues but this one. All installs of FileMaker 12 were removed before the FM13 install and updated to 13.0v5.

To the point, this user has three issues I can't figure out. (he is running Windows 7)

1. The remote will not save his 'Favorite Hosts'.  (I sent him snapshot links to the databases on both servers as a workaround)
      2. When using the FM12 database, he is only able to download from a container field one time. He has to close and re-open FM to download a second file.
      3. The last issue is a Java error log that shows up on his desktop everytime uses the FM13 database.(see below and attached)

He is able to use FileMaker for the most part. Most of this is a nuisance but he is quite vocal about it and I'd like to get his issues resolved.  I am almost to the point of having him scrub his OS and start fresh to see where that gets him. He is in a branch office so the most I can do for him via remote is clear FM from the system (including the registry) and reintall. Which has been done. I also confirmed that he has both the 32 and 64 bit installs of Java 8 Update 31.  I was considering moving him back to Java 7, but I was of the impression that FileMaker Pro did not have any dependencies to Java so that seemed like a waste of time. We don't have any plugins installed, so I know there are no dependencies there.

I appreciate any guidance you may have.

All the best!

Jesse

Here is the header of the Java error log. I attached the full log file if you are interested.

#

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#

#  Internal Error (safepoint.cpp:691), pid=7956, tid=7380

#  fatal error: Deadlock in safepoint code.  Should have called back to the VM before blocking.

#

# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_31-b13) (build 1.8.0_31-b13)

# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (25.31-b07 mixed mode windows-x86 )

# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows

#