2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2016 2:40 AM by intex

pasting data from Word & Outlook different result FM12 / FM13

user10036

In a user's system I have succesfully implemented several scripts that take data from the clipboard and  do a search, update information  ( based f.i. on SKUs or EANs that are in the copied table. In fm12 everything is ok but with fm13 it seems all white space etc. are stripped, resulting in one continous string without tabs and ¶. It seems that this happens when the sources is drawn in the background with html. But why does fm13 act different from fm12?

• 1. Re: pasting data from Word & Outlook different result FM12 / FM13
          user10036

It seems that when the source is drawn in HTML the problem occurs. I patched the problem using a plugin that can read the clipboard. When inserting the data with this plugin everything is ok (as with FM12). Weird.

• 2. Re: pasting data from Word & Outlook different result FM12 / FM13
            intex

Pushing this - stumbled across it today and I would say it is a bug.

Following happens:

• a web form is filled and sent to my email adress
            • I fetch it in my mail program (Outlook), copy the whole text
            • I switch to FM13 Adv and paste. All returns are stripped off, no matter whether I paste with or without formatting.

If I do the same on the Mac with Mail, the returns persist.

If I copy and paste on Windows for example to Editor, Word or Notepad ++ the returns persist.

So FM 13 Win is the only one which strips off the returns (which I need heavily for parsing the mails content).

Can anyone confirm for a bug report?

What about FM14 and FM15?

Is this a known issue?

Any workarounds ?

Furthermore I can say: I doesn´t happen if I copy from Outlook Web and from Windows 10 Mail - only via Outlook 2016 from Office 365.