AnsweredAssumed Answered

Two portals on one layout - can't filter the second one

Question asked by BillisSaved on Feb 25, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 26, 2015 by BillisSaved

Good afternoon everyone,

I hope your day is going well. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide! I'm going to attempt to keep the description of my issue succinct, but I can't make any promises...here we go...

As part of a solution I'm developing, I have three related tables. For simplicity sake let's just call them table A, B, and C (I'll be referring to the table occurrences and corresponding portals by the same names). The following bullet list describes my design:

• T.O. A has a one-to-many relationship with T.O. B, and T.O. B has a one-to-many relationship with T.O. C.
  • I've created a "Main" layout associated with Table A
  • I have placed two portals on the "Main" layout: one portal displaying records from T.O. B, and a second portal displaying records from T.O. C
  • When the desired record from T.O. A is selected the expected records are displayed in the portal B
  • I've created a script which, when trigger by a user selecting a field in portal B, sets the value of a global field in Table A to the value of the of the primary key of the selected record.
  • I created a second T.O. of Table C with a foreign key field which stores the the value of the primary key field of the record selected in portal B and related it to the global field found in T.O. A

I expected the results of this configuration to allow the user to make the following two selections, ending with a single related record being displayed in portal C:

Selection 1 - select a record from T.O. A

Selection 2 - select a record from the resulting found set displayed via portal B

What portal C actually displays is all the records related to the user selection from T.O. A

My brain hurts and I need help. Once again, thanks in advance for taking the time to respond. Have a great day!

God bless,

Bill

Outcomes