3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2015 7:28 AM by BillisSaved

Global field not updating in IWP

BillisSaved

Good afternoon everyone,

I hope your day is going well. I'm having a bit of an issue with a global field in Instant Web Publishing (IWP). Here is what I've done:

• I've created a value list based on the value of a field named TaskTitle contained in a TO that is filtered via a relationship to a global field
      • The global field value is updated via a script, which is triggered when the end user selects a project name from a drop-down list on a layout named Task Assignments.
      • I've also configured a second field on the Task Assignments layout to the drop-down list field type, which displays the TaskTitle values that are filtered by the global field value

Everything works as expected when using FileMaker Pro (FMP), but the global field does not update following the end user selection of a project name when accessing the database via IWP; which results in a blank drop-down list in the second field. The fields described above are accessed by clicking a button on the initial database layout (Dashboard), which opens a new window displaying the Task Assignments layout. I should also mention that I added the global field in question to the Task Assignments layout, for testing purposes, and have found that it does display the global field value when the layout is first entered. The problem occurs when the user selects a project name, triggering the script that updates the global field; following the script execution the global field remains blank.

Any assistance you are able to provide in solving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day!

God bless,

Bill