5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 8:13 AM by steveromig

Signature failing for one user on iOS

JStars

I have a client who reports one of their users can no longer take signatures or attach files to container fields on their iOS. It worked OK until this week. All other users of iPads don't have any problems.

Is this an case of needing to reset the iPad?

Details:

FileMaker Server 12

FM Go 13 on the devices

Jonathan Stars

• 1. Re: Signature failing for one user on iOS
          schamblee

There can be a few issue that cause the container field to stop working correctly.   First I would shutdown and restart FMGo.

Secondly make sure the user has the most update version of FMGo and iOS.  Conflicting version is known to cause problems.     Security settings and or custom menus can prevent the user from inserting items into a container field.  You may have to change available menu commands, if this has been limited in the user login.  I usually use the standard Filemaker menu on layouts that require an item to be inserted into a container field on iOS device.  

• 2. Re: Signature failing for one user on iOS
            JStars

And that is exactly what it turned out to be. After denying the user had made any changes, I found they'd installed the latest update on their iPad without updating FMGo.

The lesson: never trust that the client is telling the truth or understands what has happened.

Thanks for the input schamblee.

Jonathan Stars

• 3. Re: Signature failing for one user on iOS
              steveromig

Jonathan -

This sounds like something we might want to document.  Can you provide a little more detail about what your customer was experiencing / seeing with the container fields, what version of the iOS they had and what they updated to (8.2?) and what version of FileMaker Go they had and what version fixed it?

Glad to hear everything worked out.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Signature failing for one user on iOS
                schamblee

I seen this reported a couple of time on the FMGo forum.  I couldn't find any related post this morning, but I believe TSGAL posted on one of the post.  I think the problem started with iOS8, but I'm not 100% sure. TSGAL may have more information, and or may be able to find some older post. 

• 5. Re: Signature failing for one user on iOS
                  steveromig

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll check with her.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.