1) you only have to provide access to the layouts, that you want those users to see.
2) BUT, you also need to include layouts that are used by scripts, that the user, or some layout/field action triggers.
3) you need to provide read access to all those fields used on layouts 1) and 2)
4) if there are scripts, as in 2) check if they set some field values (even global fields) and provide write access to those fields
5) you don't have to provide access to fields, that are not shown, or used in scripts.
!!! I am not sure about fields that are used in (stored/unstored) calculation, when the resulting calculation field is shown on a layout to the user. --> ANYONE ELSE?
hope that helps.
can you show me how you created the web log in page?
I wanted to do the same things but can figure out how to start.
you don't have to create it, web direct provides that. If you have uploaded your FileMaker Solution to FileMaker Server than either
http://<your-server>/fmi/webd# brings you to the login. After successful authentication you will be presented with a list of available FileMaker Solutions (to you).
http://<yourserver>/fmi/webd#<your-fm-solution> brings you to the login, after successful authentication that solution will start up.
Hope that helps,
That's pretty much what I'd figured out. Great confirmation.