1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2015 5:36 PM by lodgestreet

Popover issue in filemaker go

thomas_staehli

Hello,

I noticed an issue that seems occurs only on filemaker go. I have a simple layout in list view with a header and a body. On the header, I have a popover button that contains some global fields with either popup menus or dropdown lists.

When clicking in one of those fields, the interface changes slightly color and shows up the drop-down list / pop up list / calendar.

IMG_0012.PNG

If I now press somewhere else on the popover (next to the field or on a button), it seems to go right through it and clicks on whatever is behind the popover and seems to lose focus of the popover but the dropdown list values still appear

Even worse, as I have a trigger that launches when I close the popover, the popover appears again, but without having focus. As my body is a popover, it opens that popover at the same time.

IMG_0013.PNG

I made a few tests and I found out the following:

- on filemaker pro client 13 that issue doesn't occur at all. if you click on the popover while the dropdown / popup is open, it just closes it.

- Exactly the same issue occurs when putting the popover button in the footer.

- A popover in the body part does behave as it should

Has anybody experienced something like this? Is there a way to make the popover work properly in the header?

Thanks in advance, I'm really stuck here

Thomas

• 1. Re: Popover issue in filemaker go
          Benjamin Fehr

I have a Popover in the Footer which behaves just as expected. Quick test shows: Same result when placed in the header.

What are the graphic attributes for that popover? Bildschirmfoto 2015-03-06 um 13.26.50.png

• 2. Re: Popover issue in filemaker go
            thomas_staehli

Hi, thanks for your answer.

Well it works fine for me too as long as I don't have dropdown list / popup menu / calendar.

After some more testing, I noticed that it works perfectly fine on my iPhone 6. But on the iPad (iPad air in my case), it doesn't work properly no matter what.

I even tried on a brand new file with nothing but a field and a value list. I added a popover with a single field containing a popup menu in the header.

Here's a video to show exactly what I mean.

1) Open the popover

2) Click anywhere on the popover. Nothing happens, the popover stays open (that's how it should work)

3) Click in the field that contains a popup menu

4) Click anywhere on the popover. The popover closes like if I had clicked outside it. If there's a button behind it, it will trigger it.

Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 13.42.32.png

• 3. Re: Popover issue in filemaker go
              Benjamin Fehr

got no freaking idea.

- if you click on 'Value 4' far right, does it accept the choice or would it also move to the row beneath?

- is this same layout for iPhone AND iPad?

- only difference I can spot compared to my solution is the fill: I use 'solid color - white'. That shouldn't be the cause.

You did great documentations to show the issue. If no better help than mine occurs, I'ld recommend to have this posted as a bug report (including video and screenshot).

There are chances that TS already got reports about strange behavior.

Some bug reports come in by phone though you won't find them in the forum.

• 4. Re: Popover issue in filemaker go
                thomas_staehli

Yes I tested the same layout on mac, ipad and iPhone. I only have problem on the iPad.

If you select a value from the value list, it selects it properly. And if it would be just for my usage I would just leave it be. But I don't want the everyday users to have the possibility to mess it up every time they missclick

I'll definitely do a bug report.

In the meantime, I replaced the dropdown list by a portal and a script to set the value selected in the right field. Not ideal, but it does the trick

IMG_0014.PNG

• 5. Re: Popover issue in filemaker go
                  Benjamin Fehr

… another thing to test:

if you place a white rectangular with white borders on the popover and under the field and other objects, would the issue still appear?

(you see I get curious after all )

• 6. Re: Popover issue in filemaker go
                    schamblee

I tried to setup a test database.  I don't have a iPad Air to test and my file my not be exactly like yours, but I test on my iPad3 and iPhone 5 and I didn't have any issue. I seen no need to test on iPhone 6 because you have already done that.    Is that a portal on your layout?  I know in the pass there were some issues with portals with scroll bars in filemaker go and that problem was related to the portal getting focus as it appears in your video.  Is FMGo update on your iPad.   I would verify the os is update too.

• 7. Re: Popover issue in filemaker go
                      Benjamin Fehr

I know in the past there were some issues with portals with scroll bars in filemaker go and that problem was related to the portal getting focus as it appears in your video.

Narrow the portal and place the popover though popover isn't overlapping the portal would be my next recommendation for testing

• 8. Re: Popover issue in filemaker go
                        schamblee

The portal issue was before popovers.   My statement is that, that issue may be occurring because his iPad may not be update or that FMI may have miss something because the issue was before popovers. If that is the case then it would need to be reported as a new bug.   I would suggest that he test it as you recommend.   You replied to my statement instead of to the original post, so I don't know if it will flag in his inbox.  Maybe Thomas will get the idea.  

• 9. Re: Popover issue in filemaker go
                          Benjamin Fehr

I know in the past there were some issues with portals with scroll bars in filemaker go and that problem was related to the portal getting focus as it appears in your video.

Narrow the portal and place the popover though popover isn't overlapping the portal would be my next recommendation for testing

• 10. Re: Popover issue in filemaker go
                            BruceHerbach

Are you running the current version of Go. Thought I read something about this in the update notes.

HTH

• 11. Re: Popover issue in filemaker go
                              thomas_staehli

Good idea. I'll try that on monday.

• 12. Re: Popover issue in filemaker go
                                thomas_staehli

Yes it's the latest version

• 13. Re: Popover issue in filemaker go
                                  thomas_staehli

No it's not a portal, it's a simple list view.

• 14. Re: Popover issue in filemaker go

It appears that the left pointing icon is selected for where to display the popover. Try selecting the up pointing option after you double click on the popover in layout mode.

You might also click on the popover in design mode and select a different style and reselect the one you want to use.

1 2 Previous Next