3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2015 12:51 AM by mauroza57x

Vorrei sapere come si può copiare il record da una tabella e incollarlo in una tabella diversa. Sto usando FileMaker Pro 13 da poco tempo.

mauroza57x

Mi sembra impossibile che non ci sia la possibilità di copiare un record da una tabella, per poi incollarlo in un altra. Filemaker sarà ben più evoluto del mio vecchio database di works.

• 2. Re: Vorrei sapere come si può copiare il record da una tabella e incollarlo in una tabella diversa. Sto usando FileMaker Pro 13 da poco tempo.
          William-Porter

Forgive my English. My Italian isn't very good. I hope you can read this.

Yes, it is possible to import records from one table into a different table in FileMaker Pro 13 (and earlier versions). Here is how you do it.

1. Go to a layout for the source table occurrence (TABLE 1) find the records you want to import.
          2. Go to a layout for the other table (TABLE 2), the one you want to move the records into.
          3. Go to File > Import...
          4. Find this file (on your computer, or on the remote server)
          5. Set up the import the usual way, by telling FileMaker the source table and the target table and setting up the matching of fields.
          6. Click Import.

If you're going to do this often, I suggest that you write a script.

Remember: Importing gets the records in the found set in the source table occurrence, so you must find the records first (and sort if you like), then switch to the target layout and do the import.

Buona fortuna!

Will Porter

(Texas, USA)

• 3. Re: Vorrei sapere come si può copiare il record da una tabella e incollarlo in una tabella diversa. Sto usando FileMaker Pro 13 da poco tempo.
            mauroza57x

Thank you very much . The explanations were very useful , as regards your English is much better than mine (I use the google translator ) I can not answer you without . Have a great day

Mauro

Busto Arsizio Varese Italy

Il giorno 05 mar 2015 alle 20:57, rucksack-texnology <noreply@filemaker.com> ha scritto:

Vorrei sapere come si può copiare il record da una tabella e incollarlo in una tabella diversa. Sto usando FileMaker Pro 13 da poco tempo.

reply from rucksack-texnology in Discussions - View the full discussion

Forgive my English. My Italian isn't very good. I hope you can read this.

Yes, it is possible to import records from one table into a different table in FileMaker Pro 13 (and earlier versions). Here is how you do it.

Go to a layout for the source table occurrence (TABLE 1) find the records you want to import.

Go to a layout for the other table (TABLE 2), the one you want to move the records into.

Go to File > Import...

Find this file (on your computer, or on the remote server)

Set up the import the usual way, by telling FileMaker the source table and the target table and setting up the matching of fields.

Click Import.

If you're going to do this often, I suggest that you write a script.

Remember: Importing gets the records in the found set in the source table occurrence, so you must find the records first (and sort if you like), then switch to the target layout and do the import.

Buona fortuna!

Will Porter

(Texas, USA)

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on FileMaker Community

Start a new discussion in Discussions by email or at FileMaker Community

Following Vorrei sapere come si può copiare il record da una tabella e incollarlo in una tabella diversa. Sto usando FileMaker Pro 13 da poco tempo. in these streams: Inbox

Manage your email preferences

FileMaker Developer Conference 2015 • Las Vegas, Nevada • July 20-23 • www.filemaker.com/devcon