12 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 1:33 PM by ByteTheBullet

FileMaker Server 13 Installation Woes

ByteTheBullet

My employer is finally planning on moving from FileMaker 11 to FileMaker 13. I'm trying to get a FileMaker Server 13 host set up, and am ready to start pulling out hair. The install itself seems to go okay, but the Deployment Assistant just hangs on step 1 (Setup). I'm prompted to enter an admin username and password, which I do and then click "Next". All I get is a spinning pinwheel in the upper right hand corner of the window, as shown in the attached screenshot.

FMS13 Deployment Assistant.png

I am also unable to gain access to the Admin Console, though I assume that's because the Deployment won't complete. If I try to load http://localhost:16000/, I see this:

FMS 13 Start Page.png

The Admin Console never starts.

The host OS is Windows 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit. Java version is 7 Update 71 (what's installed with the FileMaker Server 13 installer).

I've tried updating Java to the latest version- FMS installer still installs Java 7 Update 41. Removing that verison of java after the install has no effect.

I tried installing ARR 2.5- FMS 13 installer removes it and installs ARR 3.0.

I've tried using the Command Line Interface to restart FileMaker Server- no errors from the command, but no change in being able to access anything.

Services running after the installer (but not the deployment assistant) finishes are:

fmsase.exe

fmserver.exe

fmshelper.exe

fmsib.exe

At least those seem to be the obvious FileMaker Server 13 related services.

Not surprisingly, the WebDirect test also fails with the following error:

WebDirect Test.png

So, does anyone have any pointers or hints on how to get FileMaker Server 13 up and running on a Windows 2008 R2 host?