AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker Server 13 Installation Woes

Question asked by ByteTheBullet on Mar 6, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 by ByteTheBullet

My employer is finally planning on moving from FileMaker 11 to FileMaker 13. I'm trying to get a FileMaker Server 13 host set up, and am ready to start pulling out hair. The install itself seems to go okay, but the Deployment Assistant just hangs on step 1 (Setup). I'm prompted to enter an admin username and password, which I do and then click "Next". All I get is a spinning pinwheel in the upper right hand corner of the window, as shown in the attached screenshot.

FMS13 Deployment Assistant.png

I am also unable to gain access to the Admin Console, though I assume that's because the Deployment won't complete. If I try to load http://localhost:16000/, I see this:

FMS 13 Start Page.png

The Admin Console never starts.

The host OS is Windows 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit. Java version is 7 Update 71 (what's installed with the FileMaker Server 13 installer).

I've tried updating Java to the latest version- FMS installer still installs Java 7 Update 41. Removing that verison of java after the install has no effect.

I tried installing ARR 2.5- FMS 13 installer removes it and installs ARR 3.0.

I've tried using the Command Line Interface to restart FileMaker Server- no errors from the command, but no change in being able to access anything.

Services running after the installer (but not the deployment assistant) finishes are:

fmsase.exe

fmserver.exe

fmshelper.exe

fmsib.exe

At least those seem to be the obvious FileMaker Server 13 related services.

Not surprisingly, the WebDirect test also fails with the following error:

WebDirect Test.png

So, does anyone have any pointers or hints on how to get FileMaker Server 13 up and running on a Windows 2008 R2 host?

Outcomes