4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2015 9:56 AM by LabsRock

Start/Stop Switches missing from Admin Console Status Pain

LabsRock

Hello all,

I don't expect this is something that has come up much, but I want to see if anyone has any input or suggestions as to how to resolve the issue.  A client upgraded their Mac Pro running FileMaker Server 13 to Yosemite and immediately found some problems.  They rolled back by restoring the entire system from a backup (OS and all).  Although the database server seemed to be working fine, they had lost the ability to upload files to the server from FileMaker Pro clients.  They were running 13.5.

I did some troubleshooting and in the process noticed that, not only could I not start Web Server, but the switches for starting and stopping the Database Server, Web Server and XDBC Listener in the Admin Console were not there.  Although the Database Server was running, the Web Server and XDBC Listener were off.  At this point I decided it would be best to uninstall/reinstall FileMaker Server which seemed to go smoothly, everything looked and functioned normally after I installed 13.1.  However, when I upgraded to 13.3, the switches were gone but all three components were running.  Then after upgrading to 13.5 the switches were still gone and now only the Database Server was running.

For now I have then operating in 13.3 and will use command line if needed to start/stop server.  However, I hate to leave it this way and would much prefer to have them running 13.5.  My thinking is there maybe a file that is part of 13.3 and/or 13.5 that doesn't get removed or over written as part of the uninstall, but have no idea what it would be if that is the case.  I was not part of the upgrade to Yosemite or the recovery so I don't know too much about the details of what happened during those process, sorry.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Craig