There is no limit of 500 rows.
I got 3654 rows (1 column) by simple test.
Are you using some IDE or developing tool for java?
Thanks for your answer, I am currently using AquaDataStudio to run the query, but I have checked with them first and their answer was that the driver should be the problem. Will have to go back to then now...
Try select Preferences, open the SQL Results View Option and check both max row count and max display row count
From my own use, Servoy limits the display to 200 records, and Sybase Central limits to 500
> I can access these via jdbc connections with other clients as well, which is great, but I currently can't get more than 500 result rows, even if my query should return more. it's not limited by the sql code or the jdbc client. It looks like the driver limits the number of results.
I assume you mean the options in the client software.
But I'm running AquaDataStudio as client which is not the same as IBM Data Studio, and I have already checked that there are no limits set to restrict the number of results.
I think there is limit in client software, not driver.
Seeing screenshot of latest version of the soft, "Table Data Editor" has limit as "TOP 1000".
These limitation is usual in IDEs, since edting purpose user don't need seeing all query result, if the result rows are more than limit, add query criteria to decrease result rows or sort the result to see target row in limit.
I just tried it using Squirrel SQL, and there is no limit
> I have already checked that there are no limits set to restrict the number of results
Greg and user19752, thanks for all your ideas and help.
I have now also tried SquirreelSQL and RazorSQL (I had to switch a machine foist for that), and there are also no limits in the results, so it's definitely a setting in Aqua Data Studio. I have increased the Fetsch Size from 'no entry' to 10,000 and am able to get a max of 5,000 results now. I'm still in touch with the developer of ADS and hope to solve the problem completely soon.
There is no limit as such, the client which I used at first, Aqua Data Studio sets a default Fetch Size of 500.
Setting the Fetch Size in Aqua Data Studio (Connection Advanced Settings) to 0 did the trick.