3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2015 4:46 AM by nicolai

Manage Favourites FM Pro

malachydevlin

I think I know the answer but here goes..

Is there a way to script or automatically add/manage favourites to the Filemaker pro "file" options.

• 1. Re: Manage Favourites FM Pro
          nicolai
          I think I know the answer but here goes..

I hope this is the answer you suspected will be given:

On a mac you would have to manipulate the plist file in ~/Library/Preferences/com.filemaker.client.advanced12.plist,

your file will be called differently, it depends on the version of FileMaker installed. You can use AppleScript or bash  script triggered by FileMaker to load/change values in

<plist version="1.0">
              <dict>
                      <key>:00</key>
                <string>filemac:/Macintosh HD/Users/nicolai/Desktop/Sudoku.fmp12</string>
              </dict>
          </plist>

<key> will denote the position in Favourites list. String should provide the filepath in the filemaker format

It is a bit trickier on Windows. The favourites are stored somewhere in registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FileMaker and is called FavHostInfo. You can manipulate registry entries with VBS from FileMaker, just have to be extra careful as potentially you can cripple a computer with a corrupted registry.

Sorry, if you already knew that and someone might post a better way.

• 2. Re: Manage Favourites FM Pro
            malachydevlin

lol, no, the answer I thought would be - "No you cant"

However it seems possible after all so once again thanyou for your valued input..

• 3. Re: Manage Favourites FM Pro
              nicolai

Sorry to disappoint you.