I don't see so many times, and connecting admin console logged as
connected ... (admin console)
when disconnecting, () is not there.
Only time I see that message is when I've logged into the console. Weird.
Do you have any schedules that use the fmsadmin command line?
ALthough this shouldn't be an issue anymore (but was under earlier releases): Have You restarted the machine?
I have no schedules apart from the default Daily Backup running nightly at 11pm. I've just restarted the server and they have reappeared. Does anyone know how to tell what process/location is initiating these connections?
I decided to change the password to see if this would help flush it out - now I'm getting:
Administrator authentication failed: "Steve Kemp [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]" (fmsadmin).
in the Log Viewer.
I do have 360works SafetyNet and Zulu installed - would these be responsible for these constant connections/disconnections every few minutes?
I restarted the server and they are still appearing.
I don't know since we are not running 360' plugins here - but why not disabeling the plugins for testing? If there are no more admin' logins... although it's not likly IMHO since a plugin is for database processes - not for the console.
WHat about the network? Phantom records in the asmin console?
WHat happens, when You leave the console open?
Does the IP address show the server ip or localhost 127.0.0.1 ?
If they do then the connections must come from a server process / schedule.
Do you have progressive backups enabled? They default to 5 minutes intervals.
The IP address is the server IP address. There are no schedules apart from the Daily backup schedule enabled and it only runs once a day at 11pm so it wasn't coming from that. Progressive backups wasn't enabled either.
It's looking like they were coming from one of the 360Works applications. I've turned both of these off and I haven't had a log entry for over 8 hours. Just need to work out now which one was the culprit (unless it was both of them).
Neither of these are plugins - they are as separate processes. I've turned both of them off for the moment and haven't had a log entry since I did that - over 8 hours now - so it's looking like one or both of these was responsible.
Zulu usually uses an account in the file it syncs with. So shouldn't be the issue.
I'm not familiar with safetyNet but it sounds like a possible culprit.
Check the settings and userid used for this service. See how often it checks in with FMS.
If you can stop the service and see if the messages stop.
Sent from my mobile device... Please excuse typos.
My Guess is it's SafetyNet. Try restarting it and see if the log entry starts again. If it does, check the settings to see what it is scheduled to do.
I have used a number of 360Worsks products. When I had difficulty they have been very responsive. Go to their website and click on Contact and give them a synopsis of the issue. They should get back to you fairly quickly.