7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2015 3:27 AM by Markus Schneider

Why not put the feature request link somwhere on this page?

jgalt

Who runs this forum?

It seems like it would be helpful for developers if there was a feature request link somewhere this page. Perhaps right next to "resources" in the footer.

Please make it so!

• 1. Re: Why not put the feature request link somwhere on this page?
          mikebeargie

Its under the contact us page:

Company | FileMaker

People requesting features may or may not be in the community, so it makes sense to me that it's in the "contact filemaker" section.

• 2. Re: Why not put the feature request link somwhere on this page?
            mikebeargie

Oh, and to answer your question, FileMaker, Inc. runs the community, hence the community.filemaker.com domain.

There are a number of different employees of FileMaker that contribute to the moderation, upkeep and operation of both the community, and the general filemaker website.

• 3. Re: Why not put the feature request link somwhere on this page?
              intex

on the other hand that thing is a black box for users. You never know what others contributed and if your feature wish is already there. You can´t vote for anything. You don´t get any impression of what other users think about your ideas. You don´t get a feeling whether one wish is on the Top Ten and therefor has a high chance of being realized. And nobody tells you, that perhaps you just didn´t find a function.

So this whole thing is not Web 2.0 like, it´s still oldschool.

• 4. Re: Why not put the feature request link somwhere on this page?
                electon

Yes, Photoshop for example has a nice forum feature called Ideas.

Sorted by Popular, Under consideration, Planned, Completed, Implemented, Not Planned, etc.

That other thing is a black box... Lying at the bottom of the Mariana Trench...

Here, the opposite. You get shouted at sometimes.

Where would we be if it wasn't for the community.

• 5. Re: Why not put the feature request link somwhere on this page?
                  jgalt

intex wrote:

on the other hand that thing is a black box for users. You never know what others contributed and if your feature wish is already there. You can´t vote for anything. You don´t get any impression of what other users think about your ideas. You don´t get a feeling whether one wish is on the Top Ten and therefor has a high chance of being realized. And nobody tells you, that perhaps you just didn´t find a function.

So this whole thing is not Web 2.0 like, it´s still oldschool.

I could not agree more. I am not sure how much more of my life I am going to waste working with Application that is developed by company that is so slow to improve their product. They need to hire some people with creativity and vision.

• 6. Re: Why not put the feature request link somwhere on this page?
                    electon

jgalt wrote:

I am not sure how much more of my life I am going to waste working with Application that is developed by company that is so slow to improve their product.

They need to hire some people with creativity and vision.

Maybe they have already but you don't know it yet and what we need to do is bump the earth's orbit so they can work longer hours. If being on the edge of technology is a must, I'd start moving to something else right away.

• 7. Re: Why not put the feature request link somwhere on this page?
                      Markus Schneider

I don't think that there is a problem when we have a button here - and on the contacts page as well..

IN these days, as one update is 'overtaken' by another (OS, iOS, FM, Java, etc), I would be happy to have something like a roadmap. Sometimes, it's not easy to have a customer to pay every year for maintenance without knowing anything about new features.