3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2015 8:57 PM by bbarrett

Perform find script

woo

I need help with a perform find script that when user matches both user name and password filemaker will go to pacific layout. Below script goes to the lay out with only one match and I want both user and password to match exactly. Can any one help with this script.

Thank you

Set Erro Capture[On]

Perform Find[ ]

If [Gfet(FoundCount)=0]

Show custom Dialog [“Message”; “No records watch this request. Try Again”]

Enter Find Mode [ ]

Else If [Get(FoundCount=1]

Go to Layout [“Athletes Profile” (Athletes)]

End If

• 1. Re: Perform find script

Rather than correct your script, it might help if you explain exactly what you are trying to do.

What is the user name? Is that a login account name or one that you create on your own.

What is the password. There's not FileMaker function for revealing the password so you must again be creating a password somewhere.

• 2. Re: Perform find script
            woo

I have created password and account name through add account script.

Crate account.tiff

• 3. Re: Perform find script
              bbarrett

Hi Woo,

Playing with this a bit I take it to mean

* you have a table of usernames and passwords.

* You want to accept the user entry for username and password, look that up in the table, and if found allow access to another pat of the database.

* This works for you now *If* the user enters username and password correctly.

* It, however fails (grants un-approved access) if the user provides only user name *or* password.

* This is because the find for username without password returns 1 (instead of zero) username/password records.

* The fundamental solution is to include "==" (no quotes) in front of the user input for both username and password fields.

* Your current solution would also fail if the user just entered the first few characters of the username or password

I have a sample (incomplete in terms of full security, but enough to point the way) example I uploaded here:

Athletes.fmp12

I use global fields for user entry of username/password, then copy "==" & globals into the search fields

Best of luck,

Bruce