AnsweredAssumed Answered

Solution needed - batch field to table associations

Question asked by c0nsilience on Mar 28, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 14, 2015 by c0nsilience

Hello all,

Maybe one of you gurus can help me out with this.  Let's say I've inherited a database that has pretty good layouts and field types, so I want to keep those, but the previous developer created a lot of unnecessary and redundant table schema, so I'm going to do away with some of those and merge the rest into a single table. 

For agile development purposes, is there a way to batch associate fields with a new table, without having to use the field picker and re-drag them/resize/re lay them out on a layout?  So that way, if I want to use existing fields and I'm staring at a layout that has 50 "missing table" designations, I can select all of the fields and re-associate them with their new table in one fell swoop?

If this doesn't exist, why not?  I could certainly see where it could come in tremendously handy for a designer that is re-working layouts, or in the above-mentioned example.

If any of you know how to do this, or if it's possible, please share it with the community.  I've looked long and hard for an answer to this question and have yielded nothing thus far.

Thanks!

Outcomes