0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2015 9:04 PM by taylorsharpe

FMPUG - Dallas:  Friday April 3, 2015, Will Porter on Hosts, Tables, TOCs, and layouts: Where the heck is my data and how do I get it?

taylorsharpe

Dear FMPUG Dallas Chapter:

This month's FileMaker Pro User Group Dallas, Texas Chapter meeting will be Friday, April 3rd, 11am, at the "Egg & I" restaurant, 15203 Knoll Trail Dr., Dallas, TX  75248.  Meetings are are held monthly on the First Friday of each month.  The meeting is free, but the food costs.  

William Porter of Rucksack TeXnology will be our presenter this month and the topic is Hosts, Tables, TOCs, and layouts: Where the heck is my data and how do I get it?.  Will is going to give us an entry level presentation geared towards beginner developer or advanced end users.  This is a great opportunity to invite a newer user of FileMaker or junior developer to come learn more.   Plus Will is quite a teacher (former university professor) who gives really enjoyable and engaging presentations! 

Future Meeting Dates and Presentations:

04/03/2015 - Hosts, Tables, TOCs, and layouts: Where the heck is my data and how do I get it?  (William Porter)

05/01/2015 - FMQBO????  (Todd Geist)

06/05/2015 - User Interface Design  (Heather McCue)

07/03/2015 - Open

08/07/2015 - Open

09/04/2015 - Open

INVITATION:  Christian Schmitz is coming all the way from Germany to Texas and is organizing a FileMaker dinner gathering for April 27th.  Christian’s company makes the Monkey Bread Software plugin that has more functions than any other plugin from graphics manipulation, to auditing, to the entire CURL library, file manipulation at the OS level, etc.  We will probably meet around 6 or 7pm and Christian has not determined where we will meet for supper.  About a half dozen of us have already confirmed we are attending and I hope more of you will want to.  If you’re interested, send Christian an mail at support@monkeybreadsoftware.de

I heard from Heid Rettig Efner of Thorsen Consulting to let FMPUG groups know that Molly Connolly and Cris Ippolite are offering a scholarship for two developers to attend the Devcon 2015 conference, July 20-23rd, in Las Vegas.  Thorsen Consulting has quite a reputation in the FileMaker community, as do Molly and Cris.  More information on the scholarships is at http://thorsenconsulting.com/apply-for-a-devcon-2015-scholarship/  Thorsen Consulting does a lot of commercial FileMaker training and their next Jump Start training for Junior Developers is in Chicago June 1st through 25th.  More info on this training is at http://thorsenconsulting.com/june-2015-dates-announced-for-filemaker-online-training-course-jumpstartfm/  If you have questions, you can contact Heidi at heidi@thorsenconsulting.com or 305-804-2194.

FMPUG Chapter Information and schedules are posted at http://www.fmpug.org/dallas

We are always looking for good presentations.  Let me know if you are available for a presentation about a topic or solution.  Or let me know if there is a topic that you want to learn more about.  

I hope to see you this month!  Be sure to invite a friend, especially if they use FileMaker or are interested in databases!

TAYLOR SHARPE

FileMaker Pro Users Group (FMPUG)

Dallas Chapter Coordinator

214-522-5525

FMPUG.jpg