1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 31, 2015 7:25 AM by Mike_Mitchell

Per window different portal key on the same layout ?

Vincent_L

Hi,

Here's a window 1 displaying layout L based on table A. There's a portal to Table B. It displays records 232.

Now I open a new window, window 2, so I'm still on record 232 of table A. At this point window 1 or 2 are identical.

1) However, I want the portal to Table B to be different than on window 1 even Table A is still on record 232

2) Moreover, I want this to work in a networked environment where another user could also have it's own Portal B content, even though he's also on record 232.

So the key of the portal to table B, can't be a Global field because 1) would make it display the same thing on Window 1 and 2,and it can't be a normal field because of 2).

I tried to use the window name as a way to disntinguish window, but then the unstored calc can't be evaluated differently on record 232 when there's 2  window opened. So I'm stuck.

Why would I want to do this ?

Think as my record 232 being a car, and B a filtered (via the infamous key) portal to all it's 20 000 parts.

I'd like to be able to able to display all the engine parts on window 1(hence a subset of B), and all the dashboard parts on window 2, and maybe all the inside equipement on window 3, and whaterver on w 4, w 5 etc.

and of course I need to be able to  view / interact with the 232 record, and its' other portals. And I don't want to open other windows just

displaying the portal content (cause it will be a mess).

Unfortunately i think that's impossible.