I've been banging my head against this for a few hours. Searching the discussions didn't yield anything usable (but then again, hard to narrow down the correct issue).
When I try to use this script in FileMaker Pro Advanced it works just fine. I've stepped through it with the debugger and no errors are reported. I've tried it both on the layout for FileMaker Pro and the FileMaker Go optimized layout and it behaves the same when run from the FileMaker app (both with and without the script debugger).
However when I copy this file over to my iPad and try the exact same task on FileMaker Go, once the script exits (after doing exactly what it was suppose to do) the focus changes from the object select as the last step in the script, to a pop-up menu, which is the first item in the tab order. And of course, the most annoying thing for it to be focusing on since it opens the pop-up as part of that.
I put a long pause in the script to make sure the focus was changing on the iPad (the difference on this button in focus change is a bit subtle) and it does. But as soon as the Pause finished the focus goes back to the pop-up menu.
There are no script triggers associated with they layouts. There is no script trigger associated with the button it changes focus to. The only script triggers on the layout are the ones associated with the triggering of the script.
I'm guessing this will turn out to be something incredibly simple that I've completely overlooked ...
Oh yes, this is Filemaker 13.0v5 on Mac OS 10.8.5 and Filemaker Go 220.127.116.11