1 2 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2015 4:24 AM by Markus Schneider

Can't launch admin console/Pas d'accès à Admin Console

bertrand

Hello

After update of FileMaker server 13 and FileMaker Pro Advanced 13 and perhaps JAVA 8, I can't access FileMaker server admin console.

I get a message from every browser I tried which says that "http:localhost:16000" or "http:127.0.0.1:16000" is not reachable, same for https and 16001.

Server and development are on same MacBook Pro.

MAMP and Eclipse Luna are working fine.

Thanks for your help

FR

Après mise à jour de FileMaker serveur 13 et FileMaker Pro Advanced 13 et peut-être Java 8, je ne peux plus accéder à la console d'administration du serveur. Tous les explorateurs que j'ai testés me renvoient un message du  genre pas d'accès à "http:localhost:16000" ou à "http:127.0.0.1:16000", idem pour https et 16001.

Le serveur et le développement sont sur le même MacBook Pro.

MAMP et Eclipse Luna fonctionnent correctement.

Merci pour votre aide.

• 1. Re: Can't launch admin console/Pas d'accès à Admin Console
          siplus

open activity monitor, from the view menu select all processes and then look for "fms", for example while displaying the CPU tab.

Anything there ?

And last but not least: what mise à jour did you install ? 13v9 ?

• 2. Re: Can't launch admin console/Pas d'accès à Admin Console
            bertrand

Hello siplus

I've all ready done a complete shutdown/reboot of my Mac and reinstall FMS 13.

Yes, the last upgrade is 13v9

• 3. Re: Can't launch admin console/Pas d'accès à Admin Console
              jcooper

FMS has some pretty specific Java requirements.  I think when I first installed 13 I needed to uninstall Java and install and earlier version (7? 6?). Can't recall at the moment. Maybe the Java update broke something.  See if you can go back to what you had.

Thanks,

Jeff

• 4. Re: Can't launch admin console/Pas d'accès à Admin Console
                siplus

I second Jeff's answer. Uninstall v9, reinstall v5.

yesterday we had 3 calls from clients on which server shut down. On every server screen there was a dialog from Java offering an update.

Complete shit. Got better to do than fixing such shit, and I'm really censoring myself.

• 5. Re: Can't launch admin console/Pas d'accès à Admin Console
                  bertrand

I think so but Eclipse Luna ask for the last Java (shit) software.

I'll desinstall Java 8 and reinstall 7.

• 6. Re: Can't launch admin console/Pas d'accès à Admin Console
                    bertrand

Some news

I've installed Java 7.80 instead of Java 8 and I restart my computer.

It's better but not enough. I get the start screen for Admin Console but not any more.

I'll reinstall FileMaker Server.

Bertrand

• 7. Re: Can't launch admin console/Pas d'accès à Admin Console
                      siplus

bertrand wrote:

I'll reinstall FileMaker Server.

It's what I intended with "uninstall v9 reinstall v5".

• 8. Re: Can't launch admin console/Pas d'accès à Admin Console
                        bertrand

Thanks for your help siplus

I've stop server with terminal and deleted all files from ~/Library/FileMaker Server/....

I've installed in this order with a test for running the Admin Console between each step

FMS 13

Only Admin Console start page and can go far

FMS 13.V03

Nothing, only can't find "localhost:16001"

FMS 13 V05

Only Admin Console start page and can go far

In install report files there is no error.

I can run FileMaker 11, 12 and 13 and more ... on my computer.

Bertrand

• 9. Re: Can't launch admin console/Pas d'accès à Admin Console
                          siplus

uninstall shhould be done with the installer, not by removing files manually. But manually you can uninstall java, by looking for JavaAppletPlugin.plugin and trashing it.

So I would try:

- uninstall FMS

- remove the Java plugin

- install FMS.

You will be prompted to install Java by the FMS installer, do it (it will install the Java it needs, not the latest version).

• 10. Re: Can't launch admin console/Pas d'accès à Admin Console
                            bertrand

Siplus,

I've done all you expect I do

Install of FMS stops when testing acces.

Java version is 7.80.

Bertrand

• 11. Re: Can't launch admin console/Pas d'accès à Admin Console
                              TorstenBernhard

Had the same issue. What solved it in my case: waiting till next day.

My config:

Server: FMS 13.0.9 on Mac Mini (OS X v10.10.3) in local network. Java v7.71

Client: FMA 13.0.9 on MacBook (OS X v10.10.3) in local network. Java v8.31

After updating FMS to .9, I could not access the console and got the error message you described. Rebooted server twice to no avail. Had to work on something else then and stopped working on a fix. Next morning all worked fine: access to console via client no problem since. P.S: my local Mac Mini server has a scheduled sleep phase every night.

Hope that helps

• 12. Re: Can't launch admin console/Pas d'accès à Admin Console
                                bertrand

Torsten Bernhard,

I do that also. I shutdown the computer and leave it spleeping a short night.

After boot and some hours after also, I've the same results : admin console launchs but stays in start page.

Thanks

Bertrand

• 13. Re: Can't launch admin console/Pas d'accès à Admin Console
                                  schamblee

As other have said I would remove FMS and Java (Using Add Remove Programs) and reinstall.   Any corrupt file can cause a issue.   Manually removing files is not wise, because you can not be sure all files are removed and any Windows configuration files that were modified will be left unchanged.     I would use System Restore to go back prior to the first install. 

Java 7 and 8 can coexist on the same machine.  It's recommend to remove Java 7 because of security risk, but as you found out FMS requires Java 7.   I have Java 7 and 8 on same machine.  I installed new software that required Java 8 and it removed Java 7.  My admin console stopped working, I then reinstalled Java 7 and the issue was fixed.    I think your issue now is that you didn't do a clean removal of FMS.  

• 14. Re: Can't launch admin console/Pas d'accès à Admin Console
                                    Operadad

As everyone has written here, it is a Java issue. While it is true that FMI fixed a bunch of Java issues when they took over the web server on the host machines, they (FMI) still use Java, and there are some annoying requirements. If you update Java before installing 13.5, for example, you may not be able to open FM Server Admin council…because it won't work with the latest version of Java. So, then you have to upgrade, but the later version of FM server won't work with the older versions of Java.

I have often found myself deleting Java completely and then installing FileMaker Server. Let the FMServer installer install whatever version it wants. And then upgrade to the latest version of the FMServer, rinse and repeat. This process is more complicated with Windows server as well, as there are other elements with which to deal.

Keep in mind that FMServer will take over the web server on the machine. Don't even think of using port 80 or 553 for your own good pleasure--it won't work. (unless someone says it will, and can cogently describe how they did it, and then I/we will be thankful)

If you can get your hands on the most recent full install of FMServer--not an update--then it's the same process, only a little easier as FMServer will install a more recent version of Java. And on windows, it installed that other thing that I can't remember right now that's version 2.0 (I'll need to look that up and update this post, sorry).

Java is the path to the dark side.

Java leads to anger.

Anger leads to hate.

Hate leads to suffering.

(or something like that...)

OH! and one more thing.

Try to connect from a different computer, sometimes that works.

And remember it's "https" not "http"

Fred

1 2 Previous Next