5 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2015 12:20 PM by anchorbuoy

Perform Script on Server error/bug?

rothdavid

I posted late last week on using script step "Perform Script on Server" (PSOS) script step.

I've done some exhaustive testing and I'm fairly confident that it is an application level error/bug.

Using Server Side Scripting from the admin control panel, I have several scheduled scripts that write in the same default server Data/Documents folder and sub folders without issue.  Using the  PSOS script step however, the process errors out with the standard "unable to write file to this disk" error message.

As a network admin my AD credentials allow me access to this server and all its drives.

I've tested all types of File Paths I available to me.  relative, network and local drive.

filewin:/C:/Program Files/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/PID_00005415.fmp12

filewin://MBU-FMK-01/c:/Program Files/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/PID_00005415.fmp12

file:PID_00005415.fmp12

I've been writing the calculated VAR path into the ad notes field on my test record set (replace contents).  I know the script functions properly.  The script passes the correct variables to the PSOS script step, the script launches on the server, finds the record set it needs to locate using the script parameter passed to it, and its inserting the file VAR detail into the notes field on these records.

VAR:  $$file = "filewin:" & Get ( DocumentsPath ) &"PID/" & $$pid & ".fmp12"

The export step uses this VAR to export the file.

filewin:/C:/Program Files/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/PID/PID_00005415.fmp12

The server returns to the client the error message attached.  "Could not be created on this disk".

Server:  FMS Adv 13  13.0.4.400   on Win 2008 Server Standard

Testing from FMAdv 13.v05

It appears to me this is a permissions level issue when the server runs this script, it doesn't appear to have the same access rights as the server does running a similar scheduled script from the server admin panel.

Any support on this would be greatly appreciated.

David Roth