Troi Automatisering releases Troi File Plug-in 8.0 for FileMaker Pro 14
Updated file management plug-in for FileMaker Pro 14 adds zipping of files and folders
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands, May 12th, 2015--Troi Automatisering today announced the immediate availability of Troi File Plug-in 8.0 for FileMaker Pro 14.
What is Troi File Plug-in?
Troi File Plug-in is a very powerful tool for getting access to information outside the FileMaker Pro database. Any files or folders stored on the computer can be accessed through the functions of the plug-in. All from within FileMaker Pro you can:
- get data from files that are on the disk of the computer into FileMaker Pro
- create files anywhere on the hard disk and put data from FileMaker fields into them
- manipulate files and folders on the disk: this includes creating, deleting, copying, moving and modifying files and folders
- get the size on disk, creation and modification dates and much more
- launch and reveal files directly from FileMaker Pro
- manage your images and movies, and read IPTC and Exif metadata from JPEG, Raw and PNG images
What is new in version 8.0?
Troi File Plug-in 8.0 has been made compatible with FileMaker 14:
- Added support for 64-bit architecture with FileMaker Pro 14
- Improved the example file EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12, to support the 64-bit version of FileMaker Pro 14
- Functions which require user interface now support the 64-bit version of FileMaker Pro 14: TrFile_SelectFileDialog, TrFile_SelectFolderDialog and TrFile_SaveFileDialog
Troi File Plug-in 8.0 has the following new functionality:
- Added new function TrFile_CreateZIP, which can create ZIP files (a compressed archive). You can zip a single file or a complete folder.
- Added new CreateZIP example file which demonstrates this functionality.
- Added switch "-AllowMultipleFiles" to the TrFile_SelectFileDialog function, which allows the user to select multiple files in the dialog.
- (OS X) Added a new implementation for the function TrFile_Search: you can now search for files and folders using Spotlight.
- (OS X) You can now filter on extensions (like .txt) when using the TrFile_SelectFileDialog. For this the function TrFile_SetDefaultType now accepts multiple lines, to specify the extensions to enable. The formatting of this is now the same as on Windows.
- Added a switch "-SHA1" to the TrFile_GetFileHash function, which can return the SHA-1 hash value (checksum) of a file.
In addition to this, version 8.0 has several bug fixes and further improvements. We also made various minor changes to several example files.
More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi File Plug-in 8.0 and earlier can be found at: http://www.troi.com/software/filehistory.html
Troi File Plug-in adds 63 functions to FileMaker Pro, giving you limitless possibilities in managing your system outside of the database. We invite you to test drive the new functionality and see what you can do with it!
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi File Plug-in 8.0 is available for downloading at Troi's Web site at: http://www.troi.com/software/fileplugin.html
Troi File Plug-in 8.0 works with FileMaker Pro 12, 13 and 14. The plug-in can also be used with runtimes from FileMaker Pro Advanced 12, 13 and 14. The plug-in is available for OS X 10.6.x or higher, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
Licenses cost US$ 99 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
FileMaker Server requirements
Troi File Plug-in 8.0 also works with FileMaker Server 12, 13 and 14 as a server-side plug-in and as a plug-in used by the web publishing engine and WebDirect. To use this, you need to purchase a special cross-platform Server/Web license which costs US$ 449.
We have prepared extensive information on how to install and use Troi Plug-ins server-side and web-side on this web page:
Version 8.0 needs a new registration. Users who bought a license for Troi File Plug-in on or after November 1st, 2014 are entitled to a free upgrade to version 8.0. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after 14 May 2015.
Upgrades from licenses bought before November 1st, 2014, are available from US$ 59 per user.
Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.
About Troi Automatisering
Troi Automatisering develops professional iOS apps, is a leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001. For more information, visit our web site at:
Contact informationD. Budding