AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker Server 14 SSL Certificate Install

Question asked by taylorsharpe on May 13, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 9, 2015 by ibrahim_bittar

I'm familiar with the Command Line version of certificate installs and I see that can still be done.  But I want to try the new Admin Console version of importing a certificate.  I see where you go to the Security tab in the Admin Console and there is an "Import Certificate" button to import the certificate (*.crt file).  But how do I generate the CSR request to send to the Certificate Authority that will then send me back a *.crt file?  I only know how to do that from the Command Line like previously.  But if I go to https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/docs/14/en/fms14_help.pdf it tells me that if I create a CSR with the command line, then I have to use the command line to import the certificate.  I want to try the new way of doing it in the Admin Console.  I've been searching for a FileMaker Server 14 User Guide, but I can't seem to find it.  I just want the new instructions for FileMaker 14 to install a 3rd party certificate using the Admin Console and maybe I'm missing it on here somewhere.  But I really did try to find it.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Outcomes