AnsweredAssumed Answered

What SSL Certificates are Supported for FileMaker Server 14?

Question asked by jimmywilliams on May 13, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 19, 2015 by taylorsharpe

I purchased my license to FileMaker Server 14 yesterday and it installed perfectly on my clean Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 virtual machine.  In the course of saving my progress I restarted the server a few times making snapshots and everything was working fine each time I logged into the Admin Console.

Then, I used the fmsadmin command to create a certificate request and purchased a GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium certificate and using the fmsadmin tool installed the certificate.  The command line tool gave no errors and I could see that serverRequest.pem, serverKey.pem and serverCustom.pem were all created in the FileMaker Server\CStore folder.

I restarted the entire server and now when I log into the Admin Console there is an error that says "Another copy of FileMaker (FMS14 (fms14.austinmichael.com)) is already running with this license.  This copy of FileMaker Server will not open any databases, but will allow updating the license key or configuring for standby server."

There are no other copies of FileMaker Server on the network and FMS14 is the server I'm trying to setup.  The license key is conflicting with itself.

When I remove the .pem files from the CStore folder everything works, except of course I don't have a CA signed certificate.

GeoTrust QuickSSL Premium is listed as compatible on this page (with FileMaker Server 13 at least):

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11413

Does anyone here use custom certificates to secure your FileMaker Server 14 server (on Windows Server)?  If so, where do you get them from?

Outcomes