2 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2015 10:27 AM by electon

OS X Server and FMS 14

precursor

From reading the Server's Getting Started Guide (page 76) it appears that we can now install FMS 14 onto an OS X Server install and will be asked to specify different ports for FMS for the defaults of 80 and 443.

If this is the case then it will be easier to do the reverse proxy so that the outside world can hit FMS 14 on default ports of 80 and 443 while OS X Server uses them for its own purposes like Web, Wiki, Profile Manager, etc.

I will have to test this out and update the Reverse Proxy Tutorial on the R.A.I.S. page: www.precursor.ca/rais

Alex Narey

• 1. Re: OS X Server and FMS 14
          steveromig

Alex Narvey wrote:

From reading the Server's Getting Started Guide (page 76) it appears that we can now install FMS 14 onto an OS X Server install and will be asked to specify different ports for FMS for the defaults of 80 and 443.

If this is the case then it will be easier to do the reverse proxy so that the outside world can hit FMS 14 on default ports of 80 and 443 while OS X Server uses them for its own purposes like Web, Wiki, Profile Manager, etc.

I will have to test this out and update the Reverse Proxy Tutorial on the R.A.I.S. page: www.precursor.ca/rais

Alex Narey

While it is true that you can specify ports for web connections and secure web connections during install (or afterwards using the command line), we still do not officially state that OS X Server is certified to work.  See here for the official operating systems that are supported.

http://www.filemaker.com/products/filemaker-server/server-14-specifications.html

With that said, the ability to change the web connection ports is likely a big hurdle to getting FileMaker Server to work in an unofficial capacity but other unknown roadblocks may remain.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: OS X Server and FMS 14
            electon

I noticed the port option settings too. Haven't tested this yet if it will enable both FMS and OSX server web based portion work together.

I think it still may be the case of FMS hijacking the Apache server or OSX Server messing the config when changing settings in the web portion.

So let's not count the chickens yet!

There's always the "Virtual Host" workaround.