2 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2015 12:07 PM by AllegroDataSolutions

FMA 14 Installation Issues with MS Net Framework?

AllegroDataSolutions

Is anybody having issues with installing FMA 14 on Windows 7 (64-bit) and MS Net Framework?

I have seen some weird behavior. FileMaker did not initially install the Net Framework version it need and then seemed to have a problem with the version that was using. Sorry, I don't know which version I was running because, in order to get FileMaker to work without causing problems with other Windows apps and device drivers, I had to uninstall it and all versions of Net Framework 4.0 and higher, then reinstall it.

When I reinstalled it, the FileMaker installer asked if I wanted it to install the Net Framework. I let it do so. Using a utility, I was able to see that, at that point, Net Framework 4.5 is installed and marked as "upgraded from version 4".

Then Windows Update wanted to upgrade it to 4.5.2, then apply 6 different Net Framework security patches. Today it has added an update to downgrade to an earlier version (4.5) along with six additional Net Framework security patches. I haven't installed any of these yet.

To me, it appears that FileMaker doesn't like Microsoft's version of the updates and that Windows doesn't recognize FileMaker's. Feedback from other users would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: FMA 14 Installation Issues with MS Net Framework?
          wimdecorte

allegro wrote:

To me, it appears that FileMaker doesn't like Microsoft's version of the updates and that Windows doesn't recognize FileMaker's. Feedback from other users would be appreciated.

There's no FM version vs. MS version; it's all MS software - nothing gets modified by FMI, it's just basic framework stuff.

Do you have any group policy restrictions on your machine that would prevent software from being installed or updated?

• 2. Re: FMA 14 Installation Issues with MS Net Framework?
            AllegroDataSolutions

I should have said that Windows doesn't appear to recognize the version number of the Net Framework that FileMaker installed and vice versa.

I don't have any restrictions. I do my development work on a machine that is off-line. I am the only user and have admin access.

Basic or not, I have version 4.5 (installed by FileMaker two days ago running on my machine) and Windows 7 first nagging me to install version 4.5.2 + 6 security updates, and now nagging me to downgrade after that and install 6 more security updates.