3 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2015 4:16 PM by jrenfrew

"Error in 2empowerFM FileMaker Plug-in"

mark_b

I have been working with FileMaker since 1996 and have never had as difficult time installing a new version than this time with FMPA-14.  I decided to install the 32 bit version on a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit system because I have a 32 bit Microsoft Office. (Thanks for the heads up on that one.)  The first problem is that the upgrade can't find a "qualifying product" even though I have FMPA-13 installed in the default location.  So I enter the key for 13 and the installation proceeds to a normal conclusion.  I can then run FMPA-14 ONCE.  If I close the program and run it again I get a error box (See attachment #1 below).  At that point the program freezes and will not close.  So I must use the Task Manager to shut it down.  The error remains on the screen.  Using the Task Manager again to close that window, I get a 2nd message (See attachment #2 below).  I must click "Do Not Send" 22 times before that window closes.  Then a 3rd message appears (See attachment #3 below).  After all that, the program will not load unless I uninstall and reinstall, with reboots in between.  The Windows Event Log shows this message numerous times:

The description for Event ID 1 from source 2empowerFM for FileMaker cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

ReportErr: Failed to get FileMaker Desktop rectangle.

Details: GetFMWindow=001504D6, blnFMLoaded=1

I'm so frustrated now that I think I'll uninstall 14 and call it quits until 14v5 comes out.  So much for using the new bells and whistles.

I know I'm not the first person to install this on a Windows system.  What should I do now?

Regards, Mark