Crestline, CA, May 20, 2015 -- Dracoventions has released 2empowerFM Developer Assistant v3.0 for OS X with numerous new features, including the ability to replace text in scripts. Dracoventions has also released updates to bring FileMaker 14 compatibility to all 2empowerFM plug-ins except for Developer Assistant for Windows, which will be released later.
Plug-in updates and more information can be found at 2empowerFM.com.
New in Developer Assistant v3.0
- Supports FileMaker 14's new Script Workspace.
- Largely rewritten internally for faster searches and future expandability.
- You can now find a previous match instead of just a next match.
- Option to match "Contains", "Starts With", "Ends With", or "Whole Words".
- Option to toggle if the search window remains always on top of other windows.
- Find disabled script steps and more by optionally searching in the underlying XML that represents each script step.
- Default script search is now performed on a translation of the XML representing each of FM's 167 unique script steps into a string that matches exactly what you see in the script editor. The search also includes metadata from the XML that's not visible in the script editor. The previous Developer Assistant only performed minimal translation of XML before searching which made it difficult to search for anything too long or complicated.
- Default script search now includes the name of the script along with the script steps.
- Option to display the exact text that was searched, making it easy to come up with additional searches for more specific XML or hidden metadata that you don't see in the script editor.
Developer Assistant Advanced
New Developer Assistant Advanced is an optional upgrade that extends Developer Assistant with the following advanced features:
- Find All matches in any type of search. Matches track changes so they remain valid even if you move things around.
- Replace text in script steps and in multi-line edit boxes.
- Replace chosen matches in the find all matches window.
Replacements let you quickly refactor your database by renaming $variables, SQL references, text-based parameters, product names, and anything else FileMaker can't rename for you. Paste script steps or calculations from another DB, then rename all the broken references so they work in the current DB. Use your imagination. Replacements are powerful and will save the advanced developer a lot of time.
Learn more about Developer Assistant at developer.2empowerFM.com
FileMaker 14 Compatibility
All 2empowerFM plug-ins, except Windows Developer Assistant, have been updated to work with FileMaker 14. To avoid problems when running FileMaker 14, please visit 2empowerFM.com to download the latest version of any 2empowerFM plug-ins you have installed.
The delay in the release of Windows Developer Assistant is due to major changes in FileMaker 14's new Script Workspace as well as a shift from using "win32" to ".NET" as a back end for various FileMaker dialogs. We can't give an ETA on when the Windows version of Developer Assistant 3.0 will be released, but we are working hard on getting it done.
About 2empowerFM Plug-ins
Our family of 2empowerFM plug-ins save you time during FileMaker development and add powerful features to your FileMaker Pro solutions. Our plug-ins include:
2empowerFM Developer Assistant
- Quickly search all scripts to find ones containing a string or pattern.
- Find table names, function and script step names, field metadata, and more, without generating a DDR.
- Replace text in scripts and edit boxes in any dialog.
- Debug and develop faster by evaluating highlighted expressions immediately instead of copying, closing dialogs, and pasting into FileMaker's Data Viewer.
2empowerFM Hands-Free Printer
- Automate printing and control printer-specific settings.
- Save money by enforcing the use of double sided and toner saver modes.
- Prevent costly mistakes like printing all records instead of current record.
2empowerFM Menu Popper
- Pop-up multi-level menus anywhere on a FileMaker layout.
- Use unique dropdown menus to show type-ahead search results from multiple searches.
- Make menu items bold, italic, underlined, bulleted, or add separator lines between items.
2empowerFM Keyboard and Mouse
- Easily link hotkeys to scripts, create image-map buttons, and change the mouse cursor.
2empowerFM SQL Runner
- Insert and Update data in any FileMaker table without changing layouts or creating extra table relationships.
- Use an SQL query in a calculated field to generate dynamic pop-up lists.
- One of our FREE plug-ins!
2empowerFM Text Toolkit
- Perform powerful search and replace in database text using Perl-compatible regular-expressions.
- Generate a hash of data using many algorithms including SHA512, SHA256, and MD5.
- Another FREE plug-in!
2empowerFM Clipboard Explorer
- Save and restore objects on the clipboard including stylized text, FileMaker scripts, and layout objects.
- Also totally FREE!
Pricing and Availability
Plug-in updates are available immediately at 2empowerFM.com
FileMaker 14 updates for paid plug-ins are free to those who purchased a license within the last year, or longer if intervening plug-in releases contain only minor new features or small fixes. Check the dates posted in the release notes to see if you qualify for a free upgrade on your particular plug-in license. All older licenses may be upgraded for 50% off the price of an equivalent new license.
New single-user Developer Assistant licenses start at $195 while Developer Assistant Advanced starts at $395.
All plug-ins can be tested for 30 days free of charge and demos are fully functional. Up to three demo extensions are available upon request.
Dracoventions is a FileMaker Business Alliance (FBA) member located in Crestline, CA, USA. Dracoventions is focused on inventing software that empowers you to save development time, expand FileMaker's abilities, and create a better user experience.
With over 25 years of software engineering experience, company-founder Chris Dragon was inspired by the business needs of a FileMaker-based non-profit to create the 2empowerFM Family of Plug-ins. These plug-ins include Developer Assistant, Hands-Free Printer, Menu Popper, SQL Runner, Text Toolkit, and more. Plug-ins are available at 2empowerFM.com