7 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2015 8:45 AM by JStars

Signature Issue on Go 13 (iOS 8)

JStars

We're using FM Go 13.0.9 on iPad* running iOS 8.1.3 (connecting to Server 12) and it will not accept signatures. I can click into the field to get the popup, select Signature, and it takes me to the signature area where I can scribble. But when I return to the FileMaker layout, the signature does not show.

This was not an issue until we updated from iOS 7 to 8.

How can we get this working again?

Here's another hint: I can choose Camera and the picture I take will show up in the container field—so the container field is working.

* iPad Model MD788LL/B

• 1. Re: Signature Issue on Go 13 (iOS 8)
          schamblee

I tested on local database stored on my ipad 3 with ios8.3 and FMGo 13.0.9 and it worked fine.   I don't have FMS12 to test.  I would suggest posting this question on The FMGo forum and see if TSGAL can test.  Usually she don't answer question this late in the afternoon, so it may be better to wait until Monday, that is if you don't get your answer on this forum before then.

• 2. Re: Signature Issue on Go 13 (iOS 8)
            JStars

Thanks for the suggestion, schamblee. But now I can't figure out how to post to the FMGo forum. Can you help me with that? (Sheesh...)

J Stars

• 3. Re: Signature Issue on Go 13 (iOS 8)
              schamblee

Here is a link to that forum Using FileMaker Go . Forum . FileMaker Forums .    The login for the Filemaker Pro and Go forum are separate from this forum.  (Requires another account)

• 4. Re: Signature Issue on Go 13 (iOS 8)
                JStars

No answers from the Go forum. Maybe everybody's vacationing. Anyone else here know the answer?

J Stars

• 5. Re: Signature Issue on Go 13 (iOS 8)
                  schamblee

Like I said on my prior post, you may wait to the first of the week.  I said Monday, but it may be Tuesday before anyone from FMI can respond, since Monday is a holiday.   

• 6. Re: Signature Issue on Go 13 (iOS 8)
                    steveromig

Jonathan Stars wrote:

We're using FM Go 13.0.9 on iPad* running iOS 8.1.3 (connecting to Server 12) and it will not accept signatures. I can click into the field to get the popup, select Signature, and it takes me to the signature area where I can scribble. But when I return to the FileMaker layout, the signature does not show.

This was not an issue until we updated from iOS 7 to 8.

How can we get this working again?

Here's another hint: I can choose Camera and the picture I take will show up in the container field—so the container field is working.

* iPad Model MD788LL/B

I concur with Stacy - this is not a known problem updating from iOS 7 to iOS 8.  Signature capture works fine in that situation.

But...

I can't say with 100% certainty that it isn't an issue with running (only) iOS 8.1.3 (versus 8.3) and/or the model of iPad you are using (Air?)  But, with that said, it should be fine.

Does this happen with any hosted solution you try it with OR just the one you tried it with.  May be worthwhile to try with a quick "other" solution if you have not done so.  And in the solution you are having issues with - can you create a quick "other" layout with a quick "other" script and see if that makes a difference.  Trying to narrow down the severity of it.

I can also touch bases with QA and see if they have the ability to test this configuration and have any other suggestions as to why the signatures are not popping into the container field as expected.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Signature Issue on Go 13 (iOS 8)
                      JStars

I found the answer just a few minutes ago! I have a script trigger attached to the field that commits the record on accepting the signature. (I needed the user out of the record for a reason that I can't now remember.) This worked fine in Go 12 & 13 before iOS 8.

The solution was to add a 1 second pause before committing the record.

Thanks to schamblee, TSGal (on the Go list), and Steve Romig. I can clearly see using the advice from you three I would have discovered the answer I came up with by fumbling on my own.

J Stars