11 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2015 10:06 PM by CarstenLevin

FM Go and Containers

ginajonesaccent

I have containers on several solutions which are all “store container externally” and open storage.  I have one inetereactive and one not.

They open fine on my laptop but on my ipad I am unable to view the container contents (all PDFs) unless I email them to myself and view the email – am I doing something wrong?

I have created a simple test file with a single table with a container, which I hosted and tested...

With the file I am working on when I hit view I get a blank screen with options of Done and open in Safari – when I chose open in safari it comes up blank with 202.20.3.71 in the top bar (previously it would come up with an error message).  Most of my records were added by right clicking on the container which is in a popover (I recently added a drag and drop to see if I could get working on my ipad).Jpgs seem OK – it is generally the PDFs where I have issues.

I created a test file (hosted on FM server), storing container externally and open,  Container 1 – Optimize for interactive content and start playback automatically; container 2 Optimise for images

Record 1 PDF – drag and drop

Record 2 JPG – drag and drop (yes it is just boring blue)

Record 3 JPG – right click insert picture

Record 4 PDF – right click insert PDF in container 1 and insert file in container 2

Record 5 Excel – right click insert file

Record 6 Excel – drag and drop

Records 1-6 all added at my laptop

In our office on my ipad (turning off wifi and using 3G)

Record 1 – icons showing PDF – had a few issues with Container one – but after a few tried it opens (tap on it and then view). When I tap on icon then view Container 2 – comes up loading web page; then blank screen with open in safari then 202.20.3.71 and then blank.

Record 2 – showing image correctly

Record 3, 4, 5 – “The file cannot be found” (in both containers) – is that because it is trying to find the original location? (I would have thought it would have looked to the FM server)

Record 6 – icons showing Excel – view than open works for both containers

In our office on my ipad (turning off wifi and using 3G) and unchecking start playback automatically (ie for container 1 only)

Record 1 When I tap on icon then view Container 1 – comes up loading web page; then blank screen with open in safari then 202.20.3.71 and then blank.  Container 2 opened the first time I tried – and then the 2nd time same as container 1.

Record 3, 4, 5 – “The file cannot be found” (in both containers)

Records 6 Both records opened perfectly.

When I turn the wifi back on and go to the building site we are working on (leaving start playback automatically unchecked on container 1) using my ipad

Record 1 container 1 – opening failure (see attached); container 2 opened 1st time but then on its second had an opening failure (see attached)

Record 2,6  both containers OK

Record 3, 4, 5 – “The file cannot be found” (in both containers)

I also added some records while on site (at my ipad)

Record 7 is a photo I took from within the container (both OK) eg camera

Record 8 is a PDF I inserted from clicking into the container and then insert PDF

Record 9 is from the photos on the ipad – all OK

Records 7-9 are all OK on my Laptop.

The main way I work is adding the PDF from my laptop but wanting to view on both laptop generally in the office or ipad out on site, 90% of the time I insert PDFs – and the rest either a photos from within the container or a jpg

Hoping you can find out what I am doing wrong.....