Prague, CZ -- May 26, 2015 -- 24U Software announces a major upgrade of 24U SimpleFile Plug-In for managing files and folders directly from FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Server, adding new features, along with support for 64-bit FileMaker Pro 14 and FileMaker Server 12, 13, and 14.
New features introduced in the version 3.0:
Full compatibility with FileMaker Server 12, 13, and 14
- Full support for 64-bit architecture on both OS X and Windows
- Better stability and reliability necessary for a server-side plug-in
- More options in file/folder selection dialogs
- SFile_Open now allows for selecting what application will open the file
- SFile_Reveal opens file's enclosing folder and selects the file
- SFile_Run can run any application with provided extra arguments
- SFile_Compress and SFile_Decompress can zip and unzip files and folders
Other Features include:
- Creating, deleting, copying, moving, and renaming files and folders
- Checking kinds and sizes of files and folders
- Checking and setting creation and modification date & time, privileges
- Choosing file, folder and new file name via system dialog
- Reading folders (list of items)
- Reading and writing files (whole contents or part, append, modify)
- Support for full and relative paths (cross-platform)
- Automated recognition of different path formats
- Support for explicitly specified text encodings
- Reading and writing binary files as hexadecimal dump
- 100% Unicode
24U SimpleFile Plug-In 3.0 is immediately available for download free of charge as a fully functional 14-days trial version, which can be activated after purchasing a license code.
Pricing: $49 single-user, $499 server, upgrades discounted
More info: http://www.24uSoftware.com/SimpleFile
This announcement is intentionally brief to not bother members of this mailing list who are not interested in detailed information. To read complete Press Releases, please visit the following page:
24U Software offers solutions for people, not for computers!
Software Division Manager, 24U s.r.o.
FileMaker 8, 10, 11, 12, 13 Certified Developer
FileMaker Business Alliance Member