AnsweredAssumed Answered

Whats the best way to search for and choose a contact within a layout?

Question asked by docpanderson on May 26, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 4, 2015 by rrrichie

You guys have been a great help so far.  Thanks.  I still need to be able to search for and input to whom I am referring this patient to on the right hand side of the referral form.  I have a DB set aside just for providers and also have providers mixed in with my list of practice contacts using the contacts quick start db and am open to doing it either way but prefer to keep the db of providers separate.  Any suggestions about how to go about this?

Here's what I would like to do...

Write a script that when the referral type says Massage therapy it would immediately open up my list of massage therapists

if the referral type says Physical therapy it would likewise open up a list of physical therapists.

I need to be able to add a therapist on the fly in case they are going to someone not on my list.  Once I pick the therapist I want that therapists contact info to go into the white box below, and the new therapist updated to the list of therapists.

Am I asking for the moon?  I still am too new to writing scripts to figure out the steps in how to do this so if anyone could point to a decent reference regarding how to write and manipulate scripts I would appreciate it.

5-26.JPG

As a side note, it would be nice to automate the process of when the referral type says physical therapy it would automatically open the physical therapy tab.

Peter

Outcomes