2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2015 10:24 AM by electon

FmGo 14 and External Data Source

electon

I've noticed some weirdness today on Go 14.

All mentioned solutions are hosted on Server 13.09,

The Go solution is developed in FMPA 14 and has references to external data sources in other files ( FMPA13 ) which are not a separation model but desktop solutions.

When closing the Go file via the menu, the main file closes but the window displays the starting page of the EDS file as if it was trying to load.

In that file's OnLastWindowClose there's a ShowCustomDialog step asking if the user wants to quit but that doesn't show up, which is the correct way. Those script triggers shouldn't fire anyway.

Could it be a sign of incompatibility between 14 and 13?

I'll investigate it further and will update if I'll find something out.

• 1. Re: FmGo 14 and External Data Source
          Benjamin Fehr

Could it be a sign of incompatibility between 14 and 13?

I don't think though.

What happens if you use the script task "Quit application"?

I use a [Quit 'MySolution'] button in favor of avoiding to quit via the FMGo menu

With the new FMGo14 functions, I disabled access to the FMGo menu

• 2. Re: FmGo 14 and External Data Source
            electon

I havent's investigated it thoroughly yet, and since the post didn't "catch on" I thought there weren't any people having the same issue.

It could be a glitch in the system, or something I'm doing wrong between uploads to the production server.

The app is being developed on my dev server and the issue happend when testing on the customer's server via LAN.

I couldn't reproduce it since, but didn't try hard as it's not yet production ready.

I might have both files open remote dev and local customer LAN. Filenames are the same on both.