AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker 14 Searches loosing indexing?

Question asked by taylorsharpe on May 26, 2015
Latest reply on May 29, 2015 by disabled_jackrodgers

I've now run into this twice this week in two totally different solutions on different services.  What happens is that FileMaker looses the ability to search a field.  Whatever I search on gives the same found set and it has nothing to do with what I searched on.  I was able to export and reimport the data and all was better after that.  But I can't seem to figure out why and how this happened. 

I'm using a Mac Pro with OS X 10.10.3 development computer that has the first releases of FMS and FMPA 14.  One database was on this server and the other one was on another Mac Pro server in a server farm. 

This most recent time it happened was just after running a script sending out about 100 emails via an email client.  The script is very simple and it is not even using a mail plugin.  I somehow doubt it has anything to do with emails though even though it was the email field that corrupted. 

My first thought was to turn indexing off, save it, and then back on.  But that didn't work.  So I exported that table's data and reimported it and all was good then. 

I just was wondering if anyone else saw this happen on a recently converted FM 14 solution?

Outcomes