6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2015 7:33 AM by deadboltsecurity

How to...? Pop up list of common searchs.

deadboltsecurity

Ahhh... the challenges of getting back into FileMaker development!

My apologies for being a little cold in my FM skills and using a brand, spanking new version to boot. I love what FM has done to advance the "mobile experience" and I'm heavily leveraging that. One thing that I would like to have on one of my iPad forms is a button that says "Find..." or "Select..." that the user can tap on it presents them with a simple pop up (or drop down) list of common search parameters.

For example... they click the button that says "Select..." and list pops up that offers choices such as...

• Find all records
      • Find all records created in the last 30 days
      • Find all records created in the last 60 days
      • Find all records created in the last 90 days
      • Free from search for items...

Pretty simple stuff. I'm getting tripped up on the simple stuff, though. I guess, simply asked my question is this...

I use the button tool, draw it on screen, add a text label that shows up on the button and then using the "Inspector" I'm frustrated that I can't just go to the "Data tab" and change the "Control Style" to "Pop up menu".

That's kind of telling me that I'm fundamentally taking the wrong approach.

Anyone with a word or two of guidance to point this lost sheep back to the herd?

Kevin