1 2 Previous Next 29 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2015 6:51 AM by disabled_jackrodgers

Tables are not listing in the referring file maker database file

sudha

Hi All,

There is a database file named Test_1 and I have been using the tables from the other database file named Test_2.

However, the tables present in the Test_2 are not displaying when going with option   File -> Manage -> Relationship -> Specify table, I have chosen Test_2 database file and the tables are not listing under that selected database file.

Kindly help me on this.

Thanks,
      Sudha

• 1. Re: Tables are not listing in the referring file maker database file
          erolst

How have you been using the tables from Test_2? In the file itself? So you're positive this file has tables?

And why is the name in the popup not reading “Test_2”?** Did you actually create an External Data Source for Test_2 by going to

File > Manage > External Data Sources

? (If so, **did you then rename the reference? This is legitimate, but confusing for us …)

Check that you actually have an EDS reference to the correct file.

• 2. Re: Tables are not listing in the referring file maker database file
            sudha

The actual name of the files are EPM Shared title database and Pearson Education MRD.

In the EPM shared title database, using the External data source option under Relationship graph I have added the Pearson Education MRD.

It should display the list of tables which are present in Pearson Education MRD. But, it is not displaying.

• 3. Re: Tables are not listing in the referring file maker database file
              erolst

sudha wrote:

In the EPM shared title database, using the External data source option under Relationship graph I have added the Pearson Education MRD.

Since the data source does not bear that name, you must have been at least once in the actual “Manage External Data Sources” dialog. Did you maybe somehow inadvertently change the file path, or are there multiple paths where the first one points to an old file (without tables)?

I suggest you delete the existing data source and create a new one, making sure you select the correct database file.

• 4. Re: Tables are not listing in the referring file maker database file

Do you have full access priviliges in both files and are the account names and passwords the same?

Are both files set for sharing under File:Sharing ?

• 5. Re: Tables are not listing in the referring file maker database file
                  sudha

I have tried the different formats of file path mentioned under Manage External Data Sources-->Edit Data Source and  I am getting the tables present under Pearson Education MRD in EPM shared title database.

Here again the problem is after closing  and again opening the EPM shared title database and when i check the relationship once again, the table which i referred are missing.

Whenever I click on Manage -> Database to check the relationship, it is prompting to enter the username and password for Pearson Education MRD since I referred one of that database table in EPM shared title database. If i enter the username and password at that time i can see the table under the relationship, If not the table would be missing.

Then again I have to go manage data source and have to follow different file path to make the database to show the table..

Capture_1.PNGCapture_2.PNGCapture_3.PNGCapture_5.PNG

• 6. Re: Tables are not listing in the referring file maker database file
                    sudha

Yes, I have the full access privilege in both the files and the account name and password are same

The file are shared under File Sharing option.

• 7. Re: Tables are not listing in the referring file maker database file

The first question is whether or not the other file is open when it does not appear in the graph. Can you locate the file when it does not appear using Open Remote?

Next, try creating a new TO with the errant file. Then re-establish the connection in the existing TO.  Now close your file. Reopen it. Are both files showing in their respective TOs.

If only the new TO is showing the file then I would assume that the TO that does not work has been damaged and should be deleted and replaced. This will affect your existing relationships to that TO. If you use this new TO and rename it the same as the one you are replacing, some things may continue to work. I would suggest trying this on a COPY first to see what happens.

Layouts would require double clicking on the fields and repointing them to the new TO. Scripts may or may not require a similar action with Set Field, etc. Calculations using fields may need to be adjusted.

• 8. Re: Tables are not listing in the referring file maker database file
                        stephensexton

Has the external data source (second database file) "authorised" the first file to access it?

Open the second file and go to Manage > Security > File Access

The first file should be listed in this box.  If not, you may need to authorise it while logged in with full access to both files.

• 9. Re: Tables are not listing in the referring file maker database file
                          sudha

In both the database files under Manage-> Security -> File access, no files are added.

If the second file is opened before opening the first file, then the table which are referring from the second file is not missing.

• 10. Re: Tables are not listing in the referring file maker database file
                            sudha

1. If the second file is not opened when opening the first file, the table is missing where as if the second file is opened before opening the first file , I could see the tables referring with out any isssues.

2. I have deleted the existing TO relationship and established a new one, then I attempted to add the second file. The steps followed are

1. Specified the second database file and it is not showing the tables which are present under that

2. Then, again using Manage Data Source -->Clicking on that particular file --> clicked Edit --> OK --> "It is asking the username and password" then after entering, it is showing the tables and then i could refer the tables.

In short, I can tell that If i enter the username and password for the second database file when ever it is asking in the first database file , i can see the tables.

This problem needs to be solved so that i can use the script on the server side.

Kindly provide the solutions.

Thanks in advance.

• 11. Re: Tables are not listing in the referring file maker database file
                              sudha

If the second file is opened before opening the first file, I can see the tables which are referring and also it is possible to establish the new TO relationship.

The problem comes when the second database file is not opened before opening the first database file.

When opening the first database file, at the time of clicking the Manage option in the first database file, it is asking the username and password of the second database file as the table from the second one are referring here. So, If i enter the credentials i could see the table and If not the issue arrives.

• 12. Re: Tables are not listing in the referring file maker database file
                                Magnus Fransson

sudha wrote:

If the second file is opened before opening the first file, I can see the tables which are referring and also it is possible to establish the new TO relationship.

The problem comes when the second database file is not opened before opening the first database file.

When opening the first database file, at the time of clicking the Manage option in the first database file, it is asking the username and password of the second database file as the table from the second one are referring here. So, If i enter the credentials i could see the table and If not the issue arrives.

Hi,

I think from this, that it is clear that the problem lays in your username/password setup. To make it 100% sure that they are IDENTICAL in both files, change them in both files. And be on your guard, especially with whitespace characters, that both username AND password become IDENTICAL.

Best regards Magnus Fransson.

• 13. Re: Tables are not listing in the referring file maker database file
                                  sudha

Hi Magnus,

The username and password is same for both the file. The privilege set is also same for the username in both the files.

Thanks,

Sudha

• 14. Re: Tables are not listing in the referring file maker database file
                                    Magnus Fransson

Hi Sudha,

Then the user account probably is corrupted in one of the files. Delete it and recreate it.

But you may have to repair and/or compact the file between the delete and the recreation of the account. Especially "save compact copy" (maybe even twice, (compact the compact)) to purge out the bad part before you recreate the user account.

Best regards Magnus Fransson.

1 2 Previous Next