10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2015 6:38 AM by jasonsanders42

FileMaker 13 error

crhmac

Hi all.

I have this error, and is not possible to run the Recover.

The access privileges in this file have been damaged or possibility tampered with. Please contact FileMaker Technical Support if the problem cannot be resolved

Ideias to solve?

• 1. Re: FileMaker 13 error
          TorstenBernhard

Do you have a backup? If yes, try open a COPY of the backup file. Does it open ok?

• 2. Re: FileMaker 13 error
            steveromig

Claudio Roberto Heidemann wrote:

Hi all.

I have this error, and is not possible to run the Recover.

The access privileges in this file have been damaged or possibility tampered with. Please contact FileMaker Technical Support if the problem cannot be resolved

Ideias to solve?

Here are some things to try...

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4829

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1633

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: FileMaker 13 error
              crhmac

The backup, has a same problem.

The problem was a Disk Full....

• 4. Re: FileMaker 13 error
                CarstenLevin

Hi Chrmac,

If you do not have a backup, let FileMaker help you out.

Alternatively contact Huslik Verlag http://www.huslikverlag.de/

info@huslikverlag.de

Winfried Huslik

Best regards

Carsten

• 5. Re: FileMaker 13 error
                  jasonsanders42

Hi chrmac,

We recently had a situation where we got that error in one of our client's files, but unlike all the other times we've run into this, we were able to keep using the file. Do you only get this error when you try to open the file locally with FileMaker Pro 13? Have you tried using FileMaker Pro 12? In our scenario, we were able to open the file in 12 with no error, but not in 13. Furthermore, the file was able to be hosted by FMS 12 and 13 with no errors. When hosted, the file could be opened remotely with FMP12 and 13.

We got FileMaker Support involved to help us figure out what to do about this and they said (paraphrased) that, in this case the error was being caused by some inconsistency in the privileges structure between versions 12 and 13, perhaps having been precipitated by some sequence of modifications to the privileges with one version then the other.

They suggested that the file was stable despite the fact that the error still occurred anytime we tried to open the file locally in v13 (haven't tried in 14). We were in the process of deploying the system at the time, so with their reassurance, we elected to go live with the damaged(?) file to keep our client's implementation on track and then sent it off for repair after the dust had settled.

Bit of a shot in the dark, but it's worth a try if you've got FMP 12 handy.

Best of luck,

Jason Sanders

www.extensitech.com

• 6. Re: FileMaker 13 error
                    CarstenLevin

Maybe it is just me who i a little bit conservative when it come to your data ... but I would insist on solving the problem.

Consider FileMaker or Winfried Huslik:-)

Best regards

Carsten

• 7. Re: FileMaker 13 error
                      coherentkris

Heed the strong recomendation from FM on keeping clones...

Ref the first link that steve romig posted

You should also figure out how to prevent encountering the "disk is full" condition again or you are in danger of having to do repeat this recovery exercise again.

If you cant recover and cant restore from backup then Winfred Huslik, FileMaker, or complete rebuild of the file is probably your only options

• 8. Re: FileMaker 13 error
                        crhmac

jasonsanders42

Do you only get this error when you try to open the file locally with FileMaker Pro 13?

No

Have you tried using FileMaker Pro 12?

No

some inconsistency in the privileges structure

Correct, this is the problem, but recover don't run and....

How to Fix this?

• 9. Re: FileMaker 13 error
                          crhmac

Hi coherentkris

I'm trying to send a email..

Abs.

• 10. Re: FileMaker 13 error
                            jasonsanders42

Sounds like you've got a different problem, then. And, even if you were able to put the file back into production, you should definitely have the file repaired as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, I think the rest of the contributors are correct, there isn't really a "do-it-yourself" solution for this that I've ever heard of. We have gone through the FileMaker, Inc. process, and it's generally pretty painless, though slow and a little pricey.

Winfried may offer a quicker turnaround and/or a better price.

-Jason