Thank you very much for sharing.
I'd add that don't forget to install the latest FileMaker Server patch to avoid the serial number bug that has been making our lives miserable .
I've had this problem and waste 6 hours trying to solve it, but I was using Microsoft Web Platform Installer to install the updates.
Despite ARR being installed, it would never install. Following the links below, solved the problem:
Thank you for contacting FileMaker Customer Support.
Regarding your issue we can try with the following workaround in the mean time. It is very simple but at the mean time is very effective:
1. Uninstall the following from the Programs & Features Module:
- FileMaker Server
- MS Application Request Routing
- IIS URL Rewrite Module
- Microsoft External Cache
- Microsoft Web Farm Framework
2. Download and install the modules in the following order
- Web Farm Framework module version 1.0: http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/7/0/57065640-4665-4980-a2f1-4d5940b577b0/webfarm_v1.1_amd64_en_us.msi
- External cache module version 1.0: http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/4/1/3415F3F9-5698-44FE-A072-D4AF09728390/ExternalDiskCache_amd64_en-US.msi
- URL Rewrite module version 2.0: http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/7/D/67D80164-7DD0-48AF-86E3-DE7A182D6815/rewrite_amd64_en-US.msi
3. Install FileMaker Server.
really really nice and much thanks to you @chrisj!!!
i spend about 8 hours to try to make Filemaker Server run on Win2012 Server, without success...
No Database upload, no access to the admin-console, just access with FM Pro.
With you Methode it took me about 10 minutes and works perfect since the first moment! really nice!
No problem - really glad it was useful - to spend hours and hours just trying to get past the installer drives you crazy and I can't see why Filemaker can't include this info in their documentation, or even better auto download these files and install them en-route - To just time out half way through and end the install process is just sub-standard.
I think they need to put this up as a tech document and reference it in the installer process at the very least. The links are otherwise virtually impossible to find.
Absolutely fabulous information there. This morning we installed FMS14 on a Windows 2012 R2 box. We used the fmp_220.127.116.11 installer. Had your exact same problem. Used your solution - brilliant. Thanks again.
I wonder if a the newer 18.104.22.1682 installer works as expected?
It is a shame at times that we can not reverse bill FMI for time wasted using somewhat flawed installers. I note that 14.0.302 updater notes refer only to "This software addresses an issue where the FileMaker Script Engine (FMSE) caused the Database Server to stop responding". No mention of the fact that the 22.214.171.124 does not install.
"The best thing about a boolean is that even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit."
Try using the setup.exe file, which is inside the "Files" folder.