I have a script that imports from an ODBC source. Recently it has started creating duplicate records. To test I created a new script using only the Import Records step.
SELECT * FROM "EPORTAL"."FORT_RMA_OVERALL" WHERE "FORT_RMA_OVERALL"."EP_UPDATE_DATE" >= sysdate - 20 AND "FORT_RMA_OVERALL"."PORTFOLIO_NUMBER" = 1234
It is setup to update matching records. I use the RMA Number field to match records as they are unique.
I also connected to the ODBC source with SQLDeveloper and I am NOT seeing duplicates. I have the field setup as a number and I thought is was setup as Text on the source side but just checking I see the data type is VARCHAR2(50). Not sure that has anything to do with it but I wanted to point it out.
The server is running FM 13 and I have also tested using FM 14 locally.
Try showing all records in the table you are importing INTO. I found that existing records not in the set are not updated but ignored and hence the duplciates would be imported.